StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Cannot stack tables + question about tile only feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've been a stack and tile user for over a year and have only ever used the Stack and Tile Play Mode (although I really have no need for a separate stack). Anyway, as of a couple days ago I've changed my stars layout (I'm using classic theme on stars 7) and cannot figure out a way to get tables to pop back into the stack via hotkeys (stack table), and it keeps popping into my grid. I've tried all the normal troubleshooting techniques but without success. Any ideas/help with this would be great.

Additionally, as I mentioned I really don't need a separate stack for my tables (I play heads up and just have a bunch of empties in my stack usually, which could just as easily be minimized). I tried using the Tile tables Play Mode but it essentially froze the animation on my stars client and I could no longer see my time left to act indicator or highlight bet amounts and chat bubbles would freeze etc. Ideally I would be able to use a Tile only function of SaT that keeps all my empties minimized and pops them into my 4-grid when I get action, so if there's a smooth way to do this I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!
Well I would not recommend you keep the tables minimized. Maybe SaT will pop those up, but I'm not sure as I haven't done much testing with that. I would recommend you stick to Stack And Tile play mode, but perhaps move your stack slot off screen (probably better as partially off screen just to be safe). Then when a table requires action, it will move into the next grid slot. Then you can use a hotkey to "Keep table in grid" which will lock it there.

However, to ensure that this works correctly, we would need to make sure that the Test described on this page passes correctly:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/tab...stay-stack

Have you tried that? And have you tried re-Including the PokerStarsClassic site? Are you playing on any other pokersites within SaT? If it stil fails, can you also try creating a new layout with File->New Layout, and using a Stars table to base your grid slot size on when it asks you to press F7. Then include the StarsClassic site and test the same way.
I keep my stack slot on a separate monitor and always have. I've looked at that link thoroughly and also tried all the most common troubleshooting techniques like starting layouts from scratch, reincluding sites, etcetc, but to no avail.

The reason I don't want a stack slot at all, in fact, is because I use an xbox controller in combination with hot key "Move mouse to next slot", essentially eliminating my need to use a keyboard/mouse at all. However, this function does not distinguish between active tables in my grid and the stack slot, which means that my stack slot is included in my table rotation during sessions and I have to remember to 'skip' over it by pressing said hot key twice-- this can get confusing as I add and drop tables.

Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to have all of my inactive tables minimized (for the purposes of more screen real estate) and to ensure new tables where I get action will pop into my prearranged grid. Eliminating the stack slot would also remedy the "Move mouse to next slot" stack-slot issue I've been having. Is this a possibility?

Thanks
(10-03-2014, 01:13 AM)stelios Wrote: [ -> ]I keep my stack slot on a separate monitor and always have. I've looked at that link thoroughly and also tried all the most common troubleshooting techniques like starting layouts from scratch, reincluding sites, etcetc, but to no avail.

Hrmmm ok. So when you run the Test, the tables immediately pop into the grid and refuse to return back to the stack, correct?

Please click on File->Current Layout, and paste me the entire contents of your config file. I will test and see if I have the same problems with your config. If that Test doesn't work properly, then SaT's detection for when its your turn to act will fail, which is the major feature of the program. So this is the first order of business to fix.

Quote:The reason I don't want a stack slot at all, in fact, is because I use an xbox controller in combination with hot key "Move mouse to next slot", essentially eliminating my need to use a keyboard/mouse at all. However, this function does not distinguish between active tables in my grid and the stack slot, which means that my stack slot is included in my table rotation during sessions and I have to remember to 'skip' over it by pressing said hot key twice-- this can get confusing as I add and drop tables.

I can add an option to skip over the stack slot when using the "Move mouse to next slot" hotkey. But realize, that when the grid is full, tables that require action will pop up to the top of the stack, requiring you to sometimes play out of the stack. So if you skip over it, you won't be able to get to the stack (unless of course you can use the joysticks on the controller for the mouse movement if needed)

Quote:Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to have all of my inactive tables minimized (for the purposes of more screen real estate) and to ensure new tables where I get action will pop into my prearranged grid. Eliminating the stack slot would also remedy the "Move mouse to next slot" stack-slot issue I've been having. Is this a possibility?

Unfortunately, minimizing a window will prevent SaT from scanning it. As far as I am aware, this is not limited to SaT, but for all programs that try to do graphics recognition of a window of an external program.

If I understand your request correctly, then ultimately your attempts to save screen real estate by minimizing is very close to the Stack And Tile mode. The only difference is the occupation of one slot: the stack slot. Instead of all the tables minimized, they would be in the stack.

Perhaps there is another workaround to your mouse move problem that I can provide..