StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Pop up tables problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a little complicated, so bare with me.

888 Poker

Stacked tables

When a table in the stack requires action, it will activate (focus) when action is required as it should.

However, unless i act on this table i cannot move to another table as sat automatically focuses back to that table.

Example:

Sometimes tables are not picked up when action is required, so i need to click on that table, usually by clicking on the taskbar when it flashes. If another table requires action and pops up, it is not possible to move to the other table as the "pop up" table takes focus.

Similarly, same as above, table pops up that requires action and i try to cycle through the tables with a hotkey, i cannot get away from the "pop up" table until i act on it.

As i said, as some tables do not pop up when action is required, this has the effect of having to time out and wait for the table to move to an old slot after 1 minute before i can act on it.

Strangely, if i switch off "activate (focus) when action is required" the tables keep popping up when action is require and this problem remains.

So i am guessing it's something else that causes this?

888 client i configured correctly with "pop up the game window" switched off.

I just want to be able to cycle through the stacked tables when using sat, and if the tables pop up when action is required thats good providing i can move to another table.

Failing that, use 888 for tables requiring action and disable that in sat, but i cannot even do that.

What is the solution?

Probably something simple no doubt.

BTW, if i dont have sat running and just use the 888 client for tables requiring action, then i do not have this issue - a table that needs action will pop up, but i can then click on another table without acting.

Help !!
Maybe i have it set up incorrectly:

Play mode - stack and tile

Grid - total slots = 2

Slots - old tables slot = 2 new tables slot = 1 stack slot = 1

Move to grid - when action required
Well, with your setup, you only have one grid slot, slot #2. So when a table in the stack requires action, it can only go one place: to slot #2. If Slot #2 is already full, then SaT will bring tables to the top of the stack as they need action, as a convenience so that you can see them.

Normally, if people use "Move To Grid = When Action Required", they have many more grid slots than just a single one. In this mode, you are not really meant to play out of the stack. You are meant to play out of the grid. The stack is merely a placeholder for inactive tables. You would ignore the stack most of the time.

So, perhaps your expectations are a bit off. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish. If you can give me a better idea of your goals, maybe I can suggest a better setup. If you want to play solely out of a stack only, then you should use "Move To Grid = Never". You can still leave Slot 2 for your Old Tables if you wish, but that will be the only use of it. But, this would probably still leave you with the same problem.

As for the table pop up issue, first and foremost is to determine what/why/when/how certain tables "are not picked up when action is required". This is a big problem and could lead to other problems within SaT. However, from your description, I'm not sure if maybe you misunderstand how SaT works and really those tables are not missed. As long as you keep acting on the top table in the stack, SaT will then pop up the next most urgent, and then the next, etc. Are you saying certain tables never pop up? If so, you would notice that after acting on all of the tables that SaT pops up, you would end up with a table at the top of the stack that doesn't require action, and yet see a blinking table underneath somewhere at the bottom of the stack. But if this was the case, you shouldn't have any problem clicking over to it.

Yes SaT tries to ensure that the most urgent table is always at the top of the stack. You are not meant to click away to a table underneath, and if you do, SaT does bring the most urgent back on top of it. This is how its supposed to work, at least for "Move To Grid = When Action Required." Because here is the problem: you manually click away to another table, and now you need to manually click back to the first table. This is very time consuming. You should be able to cycle through the stack as long as no tables require action in the stack.

The "Activate (focus) tables when action required" setting is a little different. It focuses the table once when it initially requires action. The behavior you are noticing, of always keeping the most urgent at the top of the stack, is a different setting that is not configurable through the interface. If you insist on trying it, you will add this line to your config (follow the instructions here if you haven't done this before):

Code:
[settings]
bring_urgent_tables_to_top=0

By default, this setting is set to 1 (on) which keeps the urgent table at the top of the stack. Using this setting, combined with turning off "Activate (focus) table when action required", should eliminate all of SaT popping tables up. Then, you would go back and turn on 888's own popup setting. Bear in mind that this would only work as long as you are playing on 888 alone and no other sites.