StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: SaT cannot connect to SaT website
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

ray

Hi,

the tool did work properly till yesterday. But now it cannot connect to the stackandtile.com website or backup servers.

Solution guesses?

Greetings
Sometimes the website is down for a few minutes for maintenance. But if thats the case, then you wouldn't be able to get to the website with your browser either.

Are you still seeing the message? If so, perhaps you have a firewall blocking the program from connecting to the internet..

ray

y still got the problem

i did check my firewall and gave the programm explicit permission to get through, but didnt solve the problem. And since i didnt do that beofre when it was working, it cant be the root of the problem.

ray

Can it be that the problem is conencted to the license? i bought the license but the last session i did play has been in the trial time. I did enter the code which is shown correctly at "license".
If there was a problem with the license, it would give you a different message. It would say, "invalid or expired license code". Not, "cannot connect to stackandtile website". Can you try removing your license code and leaving it blank? Click Register then Start and see what happens.

Sometimes VPN software has caused problems. I remember a couple of users installed the Hola App as a browser extension and then it prevented SaT from connecting. Do you have anything like that?

ray

i dont use any VPN

some strange interaction
if i leave the licence key open, click regsiter and start, the error message appears once.

if i use the licence key, click register and start, the error message appears twice. I click "ok", and it appears again.

ray

i did set off my firewall and my security software, it didnt help.
Hrm, don't worry, if we cant figure it out, of course you will be refunded.

The 1 vs 2 popups shouldn't be an issue. If I remember correctly, if the license check fails, then SaT tries to revert back to trial mode. So that is why it makes a second attempt to connect.

If you can access the website, then clearly your internet provider is allowing you access. The website is obviously working since we are posting on the forums. Usually when the website goes down, you will see a bunch of people posting that they cannot connect. But right now you are the only one. So the only problem that it can be is something on your system blocking the software from connecting, such as a firewall.

Do you remember changing anything on your system in the last day? Do you have another computer to test on?

ray

im actually not worried about the refunds, but about the tool working since i rly like it. I cant try it today on another computer, but will do so tomorrow. i am pretty sure the mistake is on my side, but cant figure out where :/
Yeah, try to remember if you made any changes to your system recently. Firewall/security software would be my first guess. I'm not really sure what else to look for.
Pages: 1 2