StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Downtime Feb 25th 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My webhosting provider will be moving the webserver on Wednesday, February 25, 2015 for approximately 2 hours between 10:45 and 13:00 UTC. For USA players, EST timezone is UTC-5, which would be 5:45am - 8:00am. Connectivity to the website will be interrupted during this time.

Unfortunately, this also means the license activation will not work when you try to Start the software. If you need to be playing during these times, here is one solution that may work: You can try pressing Start BEFORE this time window, so that the license check will connect and succeed, and then leave the program running the whole time.

UPDATE:
website is back up, software should be working now
dude, i come to these forums only when im having trouble with the product (im sure most do) and this info about the downtime and the Start would have been very helpful today. Next time notify your customers via email, its 2015, we have that kind of technology to do this..
(02-26-2015, 12:00 AM)nervous_laugh Wrote: [ -> ]dude, i come to these forums only when im having trouble with the product (im sure most do) and this info about the downtime and the Start would have been very helpful today. Next time notify your customers via email, its 2015, we have that kind of technology to do this..

I did send an email out 4 days ago. In fact, it was the first time ever that I used the email addresses of the customers. I thought that this would be a good time to initiate a mailing. What email address did you use to sign up? Perhaps there was a problem with delivery to your inbox. I just checked the email address that you used for your forum account (ian....@gmail.com) and I don't see any SaT subscription associated with that address.

But I do know that some customers received the email because they confirmed it to me.

[Image: 2SW6RDPl.png]

and the content of the email:

[Image: N8QcAxql.png]
i apologize, i can see it in my spam folder now

ian...@seznam.cz
No worries. Normally what happens is that the webserver will go down for 5-10 minutes randomly if some unexpected incident pops up (hacker, etc). In those cases, its impossible to know what the true cause is and also impossible to prepare for it. This time, my webhosting provider gave me the heads up about the planned downtime, so thats why I sent the email out to pass along the information.

If you can somehow mark that as "not spam", perhaps that will help the emails be more visible and not automatically get moved there.