StackAndTile Forums

Full Version: Ongame table resizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed your solution to for the Ongame (redbet) problem of SAT not resizing the tables correctly, that is, I created a new layout and then followed the steps you outlined.

This works ok, but only for each session I play.

When SAT resizes and moves the table just after a create a new layout, and then closing and opening the table again, all the following tables are not resized and just moved as the client remembers the table size. Great!

However, if I close the client and SAT, with my next session SAT attempts to resize and move the table, but its all messed up again. I get the mouse cursor always trying to resize the table, and every table afterwards.

So, I have to create a new layout every session I play.

Unless I am missing something obvious, how can I fix this problem, as it takes too long to have to keep creating new layouts every day?
You shouldn't be creating a New Layout each time you play. That shouldn't be necessary.

Once you open one table and close it, that OnGame client should 'remember' the table size, and open up all new tables that same size. You've already noticed this phenomenon.

As described on the help page for OnGame...
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ongame

The solution is to start a new session, and only open up ONE table. Then press Start and allow SaT to resize this table. Once this is correctly resized, then close the table. Now every new table should open up to that size that was just closed, and SaT shouldn't need to attempt to resize anything after that.
That's exactly what I have done but it doesn't work.

It does do exactly what you have described only after creating a new layout, and for every table for the session.

Example:

Today I had the client and SAT open (after everything working ok yesterday), opened only the one table and started SAT.
SAT resized and moves the table, but the mouse cursor continually tries to resize the table. It initially resizes the table to the correct size but the cursor just keeps trying to resize it a fraction and it's difficult to get it to stop.

If I manage this, (as I don't have full control of the cursor) then the table is fractionally too big. A small portion of the chat window is now visible.

This problem will then occur on every table I open, until I create a new layout.

Maybe you have only checked this immediately after creating a new layout, and not after closing down SAT and the poker client?

So, if I cannot solve this problem, I have a question:

Is it possible to stop SAT resizing the table? - using the client to remember the table size, and having SAT or even placemint to move it would be a solution.

Thanks.
Ok,

I have found a solution to the above, if it cannot be fixed.

I have noted the original table size that SAT uses from when I created a new layout.

At the start of a new session, I use some software I have (actual window guard) to find the exact table sixe by pixels.

I manually resize the table until I have the correct size (takes a little while to do). I then close and reopen any table, and of course Ongame remembers the size after that.

On starting SAT now, it has no need to resize, and just moves the table.

Problem solved (kind of) Smile

It definitely does not work as I described.

Maybe my set up, I don't know.
Hrmmm. Well I'm trying to figure out exactly where the problem lies. Its strange that in one scenario you say it works (creating a new layout) but in another it doesn't. I mean, if it works in one place, I should be able to replicate it to work in another.

I know its a pain in the ass, but the suggested workaround usually isn't too bad, as long as it works properly. So I want to try to get that to work, since thats the most convenient way then doing all these other hacks.

So when you say it requires you to make a New Layout, what actually do you do to make it work? You click File -> New Layout, then press F7 to grab the table size. When you press F7, are you changing the grid slot size from your previous layouts? And then you set up all your hotkeys etc, and then Include Site?

OnGame is a very difficult site to work with. If SaT were to just resize the table like other sites, the OnGame table does not redraw itself properly. So SaT has to resort to this stupid hack where it moves the mouse and physically drags the table and drags it back to attempt to resize it.

What you can do is try adding this setting to your config file, which will increase the mouse delay to make the clickdrag more deliberate. When SaT tries to resize the table, make sure you're not moving your mouse to cause any interference.

Code:
[settings]
click_drag_resize_delay=1000

500 is the default value, which means 500 milliseconds (a half of a second). If the mouse keeps snapping back and continually trying to resize, normally I would suggest you INCREASE this number, so SaT will deliberately pause longer in the midst of the clicking and dragging. So I suggested changing that to 1000, which would be a full second.

Follow the instructions on the Extra Advanced Options page to add that line.
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ext...ed-options
My layout is very simple - stack tables - total slots =1

6 hotkeys

"File -> New Layout, then press F7 to grab the table size"

I have used the same layout on stars and 888 without any problems in the past

Yes, I do that, along with the F9 and F10 message

"When you press F7, are you changing the grid slot size from your previous layouts? "

No, I keep it at the same size

"And then you set up all your hotkeys etc, and then Include Site?"

Yes

Could be my set up as I said, although SAT resizes and moves the table ok after a new layout is created, but not in the next session.

As my "fix" works ok now, (prevents SAT from resizing) I am just going to go with that as I need to start grinding asap.

I will try and do as you suggested at another time.

Thanks.
Well, if you are going the whole entire New Layout route, maybe you could try just removing and re-Including the site. That may save a few steps. And I'm curious if that would work too
Yeah ok, but I don't have to create a new layout now, as manually resizing the table to the correct size before any new session forces SAT not to resize it, thus eliminating the problem.

Thanks.