StackAndTile Forums
(Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - Printable Version

+- StackAndTile Forums (https://www.stackandtile.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.stackandtile.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://www.stackandtile.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid (/showthread.php?tid=1059)

Pages: 1 2

(Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - willy_tk - 06-16-2015

Hi there,

is it somehow possible to have the messagebox, when a seat at is available, moved to grid or new table slot?
Several times I missed the 60secs because the popup opened behind some other lobby, HEM2 etc

Thanks in advance,
Robert

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - SaT_Admin - 06-17-2015

This is a waiting list popup?

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - willy_tk - 06-17-2015

correct

I will investigate

When I tested it, the popup appeared on top of everything else, so that I could see it. But I can easily see how these popups could get lost behind other tables and such.

But, the popup itself simply cannot occupy a grid slot. Only real tables can occupy grid slots. (Plus, if you are on 5 different waitlists, I don't think you would want 5 grid slots occupied by 5 waitlist popups)

Alternatively, I could have SaT automatically click "Yes" and take the seat on this popup. But I don't know if that is desirable either. Perhaps you will not want the seat any longer. Or, perhaps you will want to mentally know WHY this new table has popped open.

- SaT auto clicks Waitlist popup. New table opens and you're seated. "Hrmmm it seems I've taken a seat at this random new table, where did this table come from?"

as opposed to:

- "Ah theres the waitlist popup", you click YES, "Now I'm sitting at this new table"

Another option:

Have SaT display a popup notification in the lower right of the screen like its other Notifications telling you that its available. Not sure if I like that either

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - willy_tk - 06-17-2015

thanks for the detailed thoughts. for me personally the "auto-click yes" option would be fine, at least that's what I think Wink
I won't use auto-buyin so I won't be automatically dealt in if I don't want to. Would be nice to find this as an option in the next version

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - SaT_Admin - 09-04-2015

(06-17-2015, 05:09 PM)willy_tk Wrote: thanks for the detailed thoughts. for me personally the "auto-click yes" option would be fine, at least that's what I think Wink

added in v 2.82

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - willy_tk - 09-18-2015

thanks - will test it asap and give u feedback

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - SaT_Admin - 09-20-2015

(09-18-2015, 09:15 PM)willy_tk Wrote: thanks - will test it asap and give u feedback

Please do. One user says it doesn't work all the time for him. He wants to change it so that it doesn't auto click yes, and instead just moves the popup

RE: (Stars) Move "Seat available"-box to grid - willy_tk - 09-21-2015

just ran my first session on stars. same for me as for him. SaT won't click "ok/join". Maybe it's best to move the window to the grid.

just tried some things. the problem appears to be the focus on the popup. usually focus is not on the popup (that's why we are looking for the auto-accept-option because most time it hides behind tables etc).
If i click on the popup, SaT will auto-accept the popup, but that does not help us :/