Different layout based on # of tables
Although the name of the program is StackAndTile, like you see with the Tile only and Stack only options, I aim for this program to be versatile and work for many different table management setups.

Yeah, currently you'd need to set up your different layouts before hand, and then while playing do these steps to accomplish it:

1. press Stop
2. click File->Open Layout
3. press Start

I believe to have it change automatically would need some internal changes. I will look into the viability of this.

One thing that immediately pops out is that, while you may want layouts to switch at 5, 7, 10 tables, other people may want their layouts to change at when a different # of tables open. This is not too difficult to implement, however it would require some thought as to how/where this would fit into the user interface, and that is not a trivial issue. If you have suggestions as to where this would fit into the interface I'm open as well

I think one of the strengths of SaT compared to other softwares is the ease of use. That may just be my opinion but a few customers have said that as well. So even if I can add this easily, some thought would be required as to how to present this new feature to the users. Adding a hotkey to bind to a layout switch, which was one of your suggestions, is the easiest to do and doesn't clutter the interface. But that isn't a fully automated solution.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
Different layout based on # of tables - by binkthendrink - 02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
RE: Different layout based on # of tables - by SaT_Admin - 02-10-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Different layout based on # of tables - by binkthendrink - 02-11-2016, 07:44 PM