PokerStars Nova tables popping up
(09-19-2020, 06:03 AM)Johnsteed Wrote: No.  I don't use Skype.  Why do you assume that I would have a Skype account?

I would assume SaT would be seamless after years of using it, but there's always something wrong.

Most people have Skype accounts and I am able to organize a direct TeamViewer session with them so I can directly connect to their machine and try to diagnose the issue. If you don't want to that's ok. We can also try to schedule something over email too. I

SaT does work pretty good in most cases. My guess is that this is a weird case and that's why I wanted to investigate further to fix it in order to make things more seamless. If you are unhappy I'm sorry about that and you are of course free to cancel your subscription at any time. I'm trying to do what I can to fix this for you, but it seems you don't want that help. If not, maybe you can try a different theme such as Mercury and maybe you won't have the problem there?
(09-19-2020, 07:32 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 06:03 AM)Johnsteed Wrote: No.  I don't use Skype.  Why do you assume that I would have a Skype account?

I would assume SaT would be seamless after years of using it, but there's always something wrong.

Most people have Skype accounts and I am able to organize a direct TeamViewer session with them so I can directly connect to their machine and try to diagnose the issue. If you don't want to that's ok. We can also try to schedule something over email too. I

SaT does work pretty good in most cases. My guess is that this is a weird case and that's why I wanted to investigate further to fix it in order to make things more seamless. If you are unhappy I'm sorry about that and you are of course free to cancel your subscription at any time. I'm trying to do what I can to fix this for you, but it seems you don't want that help. If not, maybe you can try a different theme such as Mercury and maybe you won't have the problem there?

On SaT.com, I went to Help -> Supported Poker Sites -> PokerStars -> Poker client setup -> 3rd pic with the bet sliders.  I noticed that my Post-flop Buttons #3 & #4 weren't set up properly.  At the same time, I don't use SaT to it's full capacity, I have a very simple layout of 4 table slots on screen, stack tabes, and only 4 hotkeys to move/toggle the tables around.  I don't use any hotkeys for bet sizes and such, so I suppose that threw me off a bit.  

I'm not sure how I overlooked setting this up correctly when I ran through all of this a few days ago.

Would the bet sliders not being adjusted - in your opinion - have something to do with my ongoing problem? 

I want the help.  I'm reading your posts in a negative way, which might be influenced by how my poker session was going (downswing), not to mention a number of key hands that I lost chips/stacks with because of the pop ups.  Frustrating week all around. My apologies if I was reading into anything incorrectly. For the record, I really do like SaT, I've had it for several years now; but I can't lie that there seems to be problems here and there. I know that you're trying your best, and I want to continue using your product. 

Thank you for your help.
(09-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Johnsteed Wrote: On SaT.com, I went to Help -> Supported Poker Sites -> PokerStars -> Poker client setup -> 3rd pic with the bet sliders.  I noticed that my Post-flop Buttons #3 & #4 weren't set up properly.  At the same time, I don't use SaT to it's full capacity, I have a very simple layout of 4 table slots on screen, stack tabes, and only 4 hotkeys to move/toggle the tables around.  I don't use any hotkeys for bet sizes and such, so I suppose that threw me off a bit.  

I'm not sure how I overlooked setting this up correctly when I ran through all of this a few days ago.

Would the bet sliders not being adjusted - in your opinion - have something to do with my ongoing problem? 
No, those betsize button settings shouldn't affect your problem. Those are only used for the "Bet %Pot" hotkey or the "All-in" hotkey, neither of which you are using.

(09-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Johnsteed Wrote: I want the help.  I'm reading your posts in a negative way, which might be influenced by how my poker session was going (downswing), not to mention a number of key hands that I lost chips/stacks with because of the pop ups.  Frustrating week all around. My apologies if I was reading into anything incorrectly. For the record, I really do like SaT, I've had it for several years now; but I can't lie that there seems to be problems here and there. I know that you're trying your best, and I want to continue using your product. 

Thank you for your help.
Totally understandable and I appreciate the response. Especially when going through a downswing, and then you have software problems contributing on top of it, its natural to be upset.

I'm not denying that SAT doesn't have problems. But I really do try to fix them as soon as I can, even though I'm a one man show. A lot of customers tell me that my support is very good, which does make me happy. But certainly there are situations when either I cannot find or fix a problem and some people end up dissatisfied. I try to minimize that as much as I can.

For your particular issue, I haven't been able to diagnose it from what information we've exchanged, and I think at this point it would be best for me to connect directly to your machine and run some tests myself and witness the problem first hand, and see if I can figure out if there's something specific in your setup that might be throwing things off. Most of the time when I need to do this, I use skype to link up in a more real-time instant messenger type communication, where we can set a time or just see if each other is online, and then typically I've used TeamViewer for the remote control to connect to the user's machine. If you don't want to use skype or don't have it, I suppose we can just organize a time/date and communicate over email at that specific time. I'll be around until late afternoon eastern US tomorrow (Saturday), otherwise it would have to wait until maybe Sunday night or Monday. You can always email at support(at)stackandtile(dot)com let me know here if you do
(09-19-2020, 03:48 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Johnsteed Wrote: On SaT.com, I went to Help -> Supported Poker Sites -> PokerStars -> Poker client setup -> 3rd pic with the bet sliders.  I noticed that my Post-flop Buttons #3 & #4 weren't set up properly.  At the same time, I don't use SaT to it's full capacity, I have a very simple layout of 4 table slots on screen, stack tabes, and only 4 hotkeys to move/toggle the tables around.  I don't use any hotkeys for bet sizes and such, so I suppose that threw me off a bit.  

No, those betsize button settings shouldn't affect your problem. Those are only used for the "Bet %Pot" hotkey or the "All-in" hotkey, neither of which you are using.

(09-19-2020, 03:35 PM)Johnsteed Wrote: I want the help.  I'm reading your posts in a negative way, which might be influenced by how my poker session was going (downswing), not to mention a number of key hands that I lost chips/stacks with because of the pop ups.  Frustrating week all around.  My apologies if I was reading into anything incorrectly.  For the record, I really do like SaT, I've had it for several years now; but I can't lie that there seems to be problems here and there.  I know that you're trying your best, and I want to continue using your product. 

Thank you for your help.
Totally understandable and I appreciate the response. Especially when going through a downswing, and then you have software problems contributing on top of it, its natural to be upset.

I'm not denying that SAT doesn't have problems. But I really do try to fix them as soon as I can, even though I'm a one man show. A lot of customers tell me that my support is very good, which does make me happy. But certainly there are situations when either I cannot find or fix a problem and some people end up dissatisfied. I try to minimize that as much as I can.

For your particular issue, I haven't been able to diagnose it from what information we've exchanged, and I think at this point it would be best for me to connect directly to your machine and run some tests myself and witness the problem first hand, and see if I can figure out if there's something specific in your setup that might be throwing things off. Most of the time when I need to do this, I use skype to link up in a more real-time instant messenger type communication, where we can set a time or just see if each other is online, and then typically I've used TeamViewer for the remote control to connect to the user's machine. If you don't want to use skype or don't have it, I suppose we can just organize a time/date and communicate over email at that specific time. I'll be around until late afternoon eastern US tomorrow (Saturday), otherwise it would have to wait until maybe Sunday night or Monday. You can always email at support(at)stackandtile(dot)com let me know here if you do

I decided to go with the 'Mercury' theme, and there were no problems with SaT since I've switched over.

I'm a bit pressed for time with a number of series going on, and I'm going to put 'Nova' on hold for the time being.  In short, I've been playing some very long sessions, and will be for the foreseeable future. I really appreciate with your trying to help me out, and your being patient with me. 

Again, I really do like SaT, and I'm lost when I can't use it.  I've been overly critical about everything lately, but I've gotten far more positive things out of your product than not. I was being a bit of a hypocrite, because I stand when people complain or smear other people's work, and I was doing just that a few days ago. Live and learn.

Should I decide to fix the problem when poker slows down a bit, I'll come back to this thread.

Thank you very much.
(09-21-2020, 05:46 PM)Johnsteed Wrote: I decided to go with the 'Mercury' theme, and there were no problems with SaT since I've switched over.

I'm a bit pressed for time with a number of series going on, and I'm going to put 'Nova' on hold for the time being.  In short, I've been playing some very long sessions, and will be for the foreseeable future. I really appreciate with your trying to help me out, and your being patient with me. 

Again, I really do like SaT, and I'm lost when I can't use it.  I've been overly critical about everything lately, but I've gotten far more positive things out of your product than not. I was being a bit of a hypocrite, because I stand when people complain or smear other people's work, and I was doing just that a few days ago. Live and learn.

Should I decide to fix the problem when poker slows down a bit, I'll come back to this thread.

Thank you very much.

Please, no need for more apologies. I do admire your self awareness though, many people are unable to look at themselves critically. Still, I don't mind if you report problems.. the software isn't perfect, but I really try to track down problems as fast as I can. But sometimes it requires the assistance of the user.

In this case, I've been doing more research to try to figure out what was going wrong with you. And I think I've found it. There was an issue on Nova where if you are facing an all-in, and then you hovered your mouse cursor over of the 3rd button (which normaly is a Ret/Raise button, but when facing an all-in, sometimes says Call or Bet), then the mouse hover causes the button to change color slightly, which throws off SAT's detection. On Mercury, the mouse hover hardly changes the button color at all, and so I think that's why the problem is limited to Nova.

So for that issue, I've tried to fix it in this version 2.99.10m:

http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Stac...29910m.exe

If you feel like going back to Nova and testing it out, let me know if its fixed or not. Or, you can just stay with Mercury, since you know for sure that that is working for you

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10