problems on pokerstars
First of all. I guess it can't be normal that all my text in advanced options is on top of each other(see image below). But not the main reason for my thread.

I really got confused with the site options. So I am playing on stars and it kept suggesting that I should use PokerStars aurora. While that isn't the theme I am playing with I think. It kept getting bugs while setting up since the folding never worked. But somehow it worked(I think at least)., no idea how. Then I tried a bit, the hotkeys were mostly working. At least bet/call/fold/also next to place grid. All in wasn't working, but I was still searching further for the hotkeys. But that makes me think it indeed got setup? Is this right?

The play mode on the other hand wasn't working. Since with stack and stile, I just got tiled instead. This is the main problem? Any reason why this can happen?

Then lastly more a suggestion, or maybe it is already possible. It would be way more practical when you visualize a grid that you can change your dimensions to make everything nicely fit. Since now I need to redo the whole settings of the layout all over which is already semi-bugged with me to try some dimensions, see the grid and restart over. Or is there an easier solution?

This setting up settings is frustrating me already and when it is not working I really get tilted, but I will do my best and give the info needed to help solve the problems. Thanks in advance

[Image: ezgif-7-7f694c7b84.png]
(01-31-2022, 10:07 AM)liessens Wrote: First of all. I guess it can't be normal that all my text in advanced options is on top of each other(see image below).
[Image: ezgif-7-7f694c7b84.png]
The image link isnt working, but my guess is that you're using high scaling % inside Windows and you likely have a high resolution monitor. In that case, you can try downloading the "beta highDPI" version on the downloads page, and that should fix this.

(01-31-2022, 10:07 AM)liessens Wrote: I really got confused with the site options. So I am playing on stars and it kept suggesting that I should use PokerStars aurora. While that isn't the theme I am playing with I think.

You should use PokerStarsAurora. That is the new software and Stars no longer allows you to revert back to non-Aurora. The table theme inside is no longer relevant. I should probably remove all of those other Stars sites inside SAT.

(01-31-2022, 10:07 AM)liessens Wrote: It kept getting bugs while setting up since the folding never worked. But somehow it worked(I think at least)., no idea how. Then I tried a bit, the hotkeys were mostly working. At least bet/call/fold/also next to place grid. All in wasn't working, but I was still searching further for the hotkeys. But that makes me think it indeed got setup? Is this right?
To check if things are set up properly, basically you want to ensure that the sites each pass this Test:
https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ta...ncorrectly

The All-in hotkey requires that you have the 4th betsize button correctly configured to "Max" inside the PokerStars settings. See this page for configuring each site correctly for SAT:
https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/supported-sites

(01-31-2022, 10:07 AM)liessens Wrote: The play mode on the other hand wasn't working. Since with stack and stile, I just got tiled instead. This is the main problem? Any reason why this can happen?
By default, the "New Tables" setting is set to "grid", so when you open up new tables, they will be placed in a tiled-like manner in the next free grid slot. It is then your responsibility to move the tables to the stack with either a stacking hotkey, or by clicking Fold on your first hand. Alternatively, you can changed the "New Tables" setting and move them all directly into your stack slot number (which is usually slot 1 by default)

(01-31-2022, 10:07 AM)liessens Wrote: Then lastly more a suggestion, or maybe it is already possible. It would be way more practical when you visualize a grid that you can change your dimensions to make everything nicely fit. Since now I need to redo the whole settings of the layout all over which is already semi-bugged with me to try some dimensions, see the grid and restart over. Or is there an easier solution?
Each SAT layout is defined by a table size, and once that size is set, you cannot change it, without creating an entire new File->New Layout. So you cant change slot dimensions, you can only change slot locations.

The easiest way is to first determine how many tables/slots you want on your screen at once... open up that many tables and use the PokerStars (or other site) built in Tile feature to organize all the tables into that size, and then close out all but one table. Then in SAT, create a File->New Layout, and use that one table for your setup
Thanks for the reply. Helped me already a lot.

It is correct that the info on this page

https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/pokerstars of turning off enable the new PokerStars graphics engine is outdated on picture2/3

So I took the actions suggested and somehow it went from never recognizing I need to make an action, to being always needing to action(also when not). Somehow this fixed the all in hotkey, but some of the grid issues are still there.

I think I forget to mention this in my first post, but I am working on windows 11
(02-02-2022, 12:28 AM)liessens Wrote: https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/pokerstars of turning off enable the new PokerStars graphics engine is outdated on picture2/3
Yeah I think PokerStars now removed that option, which means you must always use Aurora in SAT

(02-02-2022, 12:28 AM)liessens Wrote: So I took the actions suggested and somehow it went from never recognizing I need to make an action, to being always needing to action(also when not). Somehow this fixed the all in hotkey, but some of the grid issues are still there.

I think I forget to mention this in my first post, but I am working on windows 11
Ok, thats some progress at least. But if SAT is ALWAYS thinking that the tables require action, that is still a problem

I forgot to ask, how many monitors are you using? And what scaling % for each inside Windows?

You should next try the solutions on this page (for Win 10, but probably Win 11 is similar):
https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/wi...caling-fix

Remember to Remove and re-Include the site after each attempted change, and then re-run the Test to check for detection of action required
Oh yes, forgot to mention that myself. I have 2 monitors.

So my big screen(I am using it to play) and my laptop(which is a separated screen, but I am not really using it except sometimes some videos/other stuff on it).

I already tried that page I think, but I will try again with the changes I did

Edit: so first of all. Always when I try to add a site it shows me to that page indeed. Then I push 3times ok and then it indeed folds. After which I can use hotkeys, but other stuff is messed up.

Second I had done already the Change high DPI settings, but it seemed to have forgotten/reset that. So I redid it, but still the same as before

Edit2: Step 2 I hadn't tried yet it seems. It says log off. Log off what?

Edit3: tried all options of scale 100%:125%/150/175%. Nothing worked yet. Not yet tried step 3 since no clue which settings to try. Feels very random what to try
Bump. I didn't get a response on my last post. I am a bit clueless about what I even can try at this point.

Anything I can do or info I can give to help me direct?
(02-10-2022, 12:17 AM)liessens Wrote: Bump. I didn't get a response on my last post. I am a bit clueless about what I even can try at this point.
Sorry, I saw your original response, but the forum doesn't notify me when you edit the post. So I didn't see the edits.

(02-02-2022, 01:50 AM)liessens Wrote: Edit: so first of all. Always when I try to add a site it shows me to that page indeed. Then I push 3times ok and then it indeed folds. After which I can use hotkeys, but other stuff is messed up.
What do you mean you press OK 3 times? You shouldn't have to press it 3 times. Are you getting an error here? If so what does the error say?

(02-02-2022, 01:50 AM)liessens Wrote: Second I had done already the Change high DPI settings, but it seemed to have forgotten/reset that. So I redid it, but still the same as before
Right click your desktop -> Display settings
What scaling % are you using for each monitor?

The "Override high DPI setting" is specific to the shortcut link that you use to open the poker site. So maybe you changed it once for a shortcut file on your desktop, but then next time you looked at the shortcut in the start menu or taskbar. Those would need to be changed separately

(02-02-2022, 01:50 AM)liessens Wrote: Edit2: Step 2 I hadn't tried yet it seems. It says log off. Log off what?
Log off Windows altogether. Or you could just restart the computer. Typically if solution #1 on that page doesn't work, then you need to try solution #2

(02-02-2022, 01:50 AM)liessens Wrote: Edit3: tried all options of scale 100%:125%/150/175%. Nothing worked yet. Not yet tried step 3 since no clue which settings to try. Feels very random what to try
You tried these under the "custom scaling" option as described in Solution #2 on that page?

(02-10-2022, 12:17 AM)liessens Wrote: Anything I can do or info I can give to help me direct?
The only solutions I know are the ones listed on that help page, but if you want me to connect to your machine and try those myself, leave me your skype name and I'll contact you. Maybe there is something else I will notice
Quote:Sorry, I saw your original response, but the forum doesn't notify me when you edit the post. So I didn't see the edits

That I expected already.

Quote:What do you mean you press OK 3 times? You shouldn't have to press it 3 times. Are you getting an error here? If so what does the error say?

I taught I posted this before already. So I get this message always https://ibb.co/dKxdksJ. I understand that is a sign something isn't ok, but after pressing 3 times the ok button, the hand gets folded. After which I get the window asking it worked. If I click no. I retry of course the same. So if I click yes. I get in status I mentioned in earlier posts. The stacking stuff doesn't work or is at least bugged, but hotkeys work. 

Quote:Right click your desktop -> Display settings
What scaling % are you using for each monitor?

150% for now, but I have tested all scales

Quote:The "Override high DPI setting" is specific to the shortcut link that you use to open the poker site. So maybe you changed it once for a shortcut file on your desktop, but then next time you looked at the shortcut in the start menu or taskbar. Those would need to be changed separately

AH ok, that I didn't understand. So where do I exactly need to change the setting then? Since I have no display settings on my shortcuts?

You tried these under the "custom scaling" option as described in Solution #2 on that page? YES

Quote:The only solutions I know are the ones listed on that help page, but if you want me to connect to your machine and try those myself, leave me your skype name and I'll contact you. Maybe there is something else I will notice

For me that is fine. You contact me first on mail tliessens@gmail. Since I am not really using skype, my skype account is the same
Ok for anyone else reading or searching, the problem was that this user was opening PokerStars through the Start Menu. So we needed to first open the Start Menu, type in "PokerStars", and then right click the search result, and choose "Open file location". That opened up the folder where the shortcut file was located. And then we could right click that shortcut file, choose Properties, choose Compatibility tab, and change the Override high DPI setting to Application. Then remove and re-include the site into SAT

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10