Activate table improvement
Wow, this is an excellent piece of software and will be on my 'must have' list when (if?) I move up the stakes Smile

I would like to be able to modify the 'Activate table when action required' to not jump when a new table requiring action moves to the grid. i.e. the focus remains on the first table requiring action. If that was the case then the 'Move mouse to active table' would go to the next table requiring action in the order that they moved to grid.
But then that defeats the whole purpose of activating it when Action is Required. I wouldn't even know what to name the setting then. Heh

What about if turn off that setting and instead you use the hotkey to "Activate most urgent table" ?
(11-19-2013, 01:46 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: But then that defeats the whole purpose of activating it when Action is Required. I wouldn't even know what to name the setting then. Heh

What about if turn off that setting and instead you use the hotkey to "Activate most urgent table" ?

Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll give it a go, thanks!

The reason I suggested it was because when I pressed a hotkey to fold and stack a table, the focus changed to a new table *just* as I pressed it and it folded the new table by mistake - luckily it wasn't AA lol
(11-19-2013, 10:43 AM)DaZedMan Wrote: Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll give it a go, thanks!

The reason I suggested it was because when I pressed a hotkey to fold and stack a table, the focus changed to a new table *just* as I pressed it and it folded the new table by mistake - luckily it wasn't AA lol

Hrmmm that's no good. We don't want anything 'by mistake'.

Are you sending hotkeys to the active table or to the table under the mouse?
(11-19-2013, 12:48 PM)SaT_Admin Wrote:
(11-19-2013, 10:43 AM)DaZedMan Wrote: Yeah, that's a good idea, I'll give it a go, thanks!

Hrmmm that's no good. We don't want anything 'by mistake'.

Are you sending hotkeys to the active table or to the table under the mouse?

I had 'Activate table when action required' selected along with 'Highlight active table' in General and 'Send hotkeys to: Active table' in Hotkeys.
Ahh right. Well yes each time a new table moves into grid, that may happen. It may be best to turn off 'Activate table when action required'
(11-20-2013, 12:40 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: Ahh right. Well yes each time a new table moves into grid, that may happen. It may be best to turn off 'Activate table when action required'

Yep, I've done that for now and it's only really an issue if you're using hotkeys for actions with the 'Activate table when action required' option.

But you can see why some sort of 'Keep focus until actioned' option may be nice for some. When selected the first active tables keeps the focus until an action has been made, then moves to the next table. It should be able to be overridden by left clicking another table or any hotkey for changing tables is pressed.

Anyway, just a suggestion, the software is great and working as intended, so just a minor tweak really Smile

Hrmmm, I revisited this, because what you describe does make sense. But I just tested it and the change you suggested seems to already work like that.

1. I turn on "Activate table when action required" as well as "Highlight active window".
2. I put 2 tables in the stack.
3. The first table moves to the grid and gets highlighted to show that it is activated and has focus. I do not act on the buttons.
4. When the second table requires action, it moves to the next grid slot, but the first table stays focused and active as shown by the highlighter.

Does this test do something different for you?

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10