Move table to adjacent slot
Hi, I have been toying around with this software and already found a great edge increase!Big Grin

There is one thing I would like to request.

-"move table one slot (up/down/left or right)".
(regardless of what slot number is next)

- Why?
I created a layout for 20 tables, and I stack-n-tile with that.
Sometimes I have hands that take a long time and the other tables pile up on top.

I use the "move table to next/previous slot" option to manage the tables and keep them in acceptable positions (when the volume gets huge, i have overlapping tables than can not be "mouse over to pop" so I must have a way to move tables while in a hand)

the problem is that sometimes the next slot is all the way across the screen or on top of another table!

It would be EXTREMELY helpful to me if you could have this:
-"move table 1 slot up/down/left or right".
(regardless of what number is next)

I.E. if slot-16 is the closest to the left of slot-2, I can move a table from slot 2 to 16 with the press of a single hotkey.

This way when I have to move a table while a hand is in play, I know it is only going 1 to the left or something without having to memorize where the next slot is.

Please! Can you do this?

Thank you so much!
Its an interesting idea.

But immediately the first thing that pops into my mind is, how do you want to handle overlapping slots?

Take the most simple example:

[Image: kRH1XvQ.png]

If a table is in slot 1, and you want to "Move table into next slot DOWN", should it move to slot 5 or slot 3? Slot 5 is the next closest slot down vertically.

If you say that the table should move to slot 3, then I would imagine to get from 3->4 you would say that "Move table into next slot RIGHT" would be used. Fine, but then how would a table ever get moved into slot #5 ?

Alternatively, if you say it should move to slot 5, then what happens when again you issue a "DOWN" hotkey on the table in slot 5? Does it move to 3 or 4?

This is the most simple of examples, nevermind a more complicated overlapping setup like your current one probably is..

The "Drag and Drop" feature has to face these problems as well. Does that not work for your situation? You can simply drag and drop a table to move it to another slot. As you are dragging, you will see a yellow border upon the slot that is planned for the drop. I would probably just use the same mechanism that I use there to solve the problems I pose above.

Finally, what if there is already a table in the next slot? Should the tables be swapped? Or should the hotkey do nothing?
Very good questions.

I did not think of this one myself, as I do not have any tables positioned such as "5" in the pictured example.

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/Notgon...1.png.html

That is how my layout looks (the right side is cutoff because of my current CPUs Resolution, but it fits perfect on my grind CPU)

Perhaps create the "move up/down/left/or right" would only work on a direct X or Y Axis?
That would actually be perfect for my setup.

If there is a table in place already, then the perfect solution would be to skip it until there is an empty slot, however, I realize that this may require much more in depth work, but I dont really know (maybe not much mroe work?)

Anyway, if it swapped places with the table next over or next up or down,that would be fine.
I just want to be able to move the table to the next slot with ease
(i think doing nothing would be potentially problematic since tables could then get boxed in)

The trouble I have with the drag and drop is that sometimes the tables do not drop correctly and it makes other tables with hands in them get swapped into different slots, this simply confuses me and drastically reduces my concentration on actual play because I have to think sometimes about 4-5 hands at a time, if they are moving all about the screen it makes things much more difficult.

Until you find a solution I will work to try and find intuitive hotkeys to place tables in specific slots, it might work. I do think though that moving to adjecent slots would make this software even better than it already is, although I can see it would be limited to specific X and Y axis.

(the right side is cutoff due to this computers resolution, but on my grind CPU it fits perfect.)

So there would be no diagonal moves in my case.
Upon further thought, diagonal moves could be handled in vertical order (for DOWN), and simply filtered by the halfway mark of the current table. I think that would make sense. So in that image above, if the upper left corner of slot #5 was to the left of the halfway point of slot #1, then moving #1 down would go through #5 and then #3. But if the upper left corner was to the right of the halfway point of #1, then #1 down would only go to #3. And you would have to go down from #2 to get to #5.

And I agree that if a table is already in the closest slot in the direction, the slot should be skipped, and not swapped out. It will probably take a little bit of work, but should be do-able
Thats awesome! Thank you!

You probably already thought of this:

Anyway Ill share. I was thinking if you make sure there is no possible "in between axis" for the slot to be placed in this would (probably) eliminate any potential glitches or confusion for the software upon receiving the command.

-or-

if it is impossible to avoid an "in between axis" (or "border"), then you could just have any slot on the border/inbetween axis be overlooked in the adjacent slot move.

All in all, im very very happy to see you are open minded to this and willing to make it happen! Sounds like you are gonna be able to get it done.

Thanks again!
This is actually more complicated than I originally thought. I'm running into edge cases that make this a pain in the ass to handle. But we'll see.. Smile
Take your time, there is no rush. Smile
added in v 2.82

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10