Alarm from Avast and Virustotal.com about v2.86
(04-06-2016, 01:43 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 01:31 AM)Guest Wrote: Hi,

Windows defender also detects the new version as a trojan. Any idea what I can do about it ?

Yes, please submit the file to Microsoft here and give them an explanation:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security...ubmit.aspx

What version of Windows are you on?

Ok, I submitted the file. I'm on Windows 10. 

Thanks for the prompt response.
Thanks. Its very strange, because VirusTotal shows that Microsoft is giving it a green light pass
I'm having the same problem with windows defender in windows 10 as the last poster.  It's still not fixed, and unfortunately I don't know how to find the "trojan" file named "Win32/Pocyx.C!cl" to upload anyway.  Can someone else do this or explain to me where this file is loacted in a windows 10 machine?
(04-10-2016, 02:14 AM)keulniss Wrote: I'm having the same problem with windows defender in windows 10 as the last poster.  It's still not fixed, and unfortunately I don't know how to find the "trojan" file named "Win32/Pocyx.C!cl" to upload anyway.  Can someone else do this or explain to me where this file is loacted in a windows 10 machine?

No, you are misunderstanding. Windows Defender is detecting the StackAndTile file and characterizing it as the trojan. All you need to do is upload the StackAndTile file to this Microsoft link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security...ubmit.aspx

I've done it already so there really is nothing more I can do. But the more people who send it in, the more likely it is that these A/V companies start waking up and getting their act together
Oh OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.  In any case, after simply updating my windows defender on all my computers, it seems to be fine all of a sudden.  So I guess they've added the exception.  Thank you guys.
(04-10-2016, 02:31 AM)keulniss Wrote: Oh OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.  In any case, after simply updating my windows defender on all my computers, it seems to be fine all of a sudden.  So I guess they've added the exception.  Thank you guys.

Ok good to know!

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10