Copying Hotkeys from prior layout into new layout
Hello,

When I create a new profile in stack in tile I currently have to re-input all my hotkeys into the new profile.

I wanted to know if it would be possible to go into the stack and tile folders through file explorer and copy hotkeys from one profile into another.  Let me know if this would work, and where the file would be located that I'd need to copy.

It'd save me a lot of time, and I'd also be able to experiment more with stack in tile with different setups.

Thanks!
Yes its possible. I've been meaning to add this feature into the new layout wizard, but havent gotten around to it.

All of your layout files are in this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\StackAndTile\Layouts\

You can open each layout.ini file and see that the file is split into sections, such as [settings], [general], [sites], [hotkeys]. The [hotkeys] section is always at the very bottom of the file. So just copy everything from the [hotkeys] line and down, and then paste and overwrite those lines in the new layout file.

Make sure that SAT is completely closed before you do this.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10