GGPOKER focus table not working properly
Hi,

I play on GGpoker network from the Netherlands. I allready DISABLED the function withint the GGpoker client called "Smartfocus" which automatically popsup tables that need attention. I have ENABLED the option in SaT under Advanced options "Activae (Focus) table when action required" AND "Activate (focus) table under mouse". I use the : after entering pot Move to grid option. I have a grd of 4 slots. Slot 1 is the stack and 2-3-4 are grid. Whenever its my turn to act and i call or bet/raise the tables move to the grid correctly. However when i play lets say 8 tables, and there are 3 in the grid then 5 in the stack. If one of the 5 tables in the stack need ANY action from me like its my turn to act then they will pop up for a brief second to the front of the stack (ie being visible ontop in slot 1). But then for some reason the focus gets quickly stolen and some other table popsup inn the stack even though on that table its not my turn to act or even when im not in the hand anymore (i allready folded and other players are playing on the flop/turn / river). It seems as if SaT detects ANY action in an ONGOING hand on GGpoker like if someone else bets or folds thenn that table popsup. THen if i have one of the other tables where it IS my turn popup quickly but then another table steals the focus in the stack again before i can complete my turn. 

Isnt SAT supposed to KEEP your FIRST table which needs your action ALWAYS ontop UNTILL you have completed ANY action before it pops up the next table that has waited the longest? It uses some type of priority list (also based on time i think or timebanks?) right?

At least this is the way table ninja and some old software i used to use called ToI (Table of Interest) used to work.

Is this a known bug / weird interaction with GGpoker Network? Or does Sat work differenntly am i missing something? CUz this basically makes the stack function useless.

Regards,

fletch1ee
Yes. Since you are a long time user of this type of software, you are absolutely correct about how its supposed to work.

First, if I were you, I would confirm that SAT is correctly detecting when action is required on GG on your machine. You can simply do this by using the SAT menu item for Help->Show Testing info, and checking whether the ACTION REQUIRED line correctly changes from YES to NO when its your turn to act and not. That is just to confirm that SAT is set up correctly for this site.

I am not saying that SAT doesn't have a bug. Its possible. But its also possible that the problem has to do with GGPoker. Their "Smart Focus" setting does NOT mean "All focus". What I mean by that is, you can turn off their Smart Focus setting, open up 3 tables, stack all 3 tables on top of each other, and keep SAT turned off. So now you have no helper software, AND you have GG focus setting turned OFF. Yet, you will STILL see that GG does pop up each table correctly, even though the tables are stacked and the Smart Focus is turned off.

So GG still does some focusing stuff, even with their Smart Focus setting turned off. And SAT doesn't know what exactly that is, and so will sometimes be in conflict with GG. I have complained to them to add a setting for ALL focus actions, just like all other sites have. But its likely the support emails just go unread. Maybe if more people complain for it, they will add it.

I tried to replicate your problem by observing 3 tables and putting all those 3 tables in the grid so that all the grid slots were full. And then I opened 3 real cash tables in my stack, and it seemed that SAT did correctly pop up the tables in the stack, and leave them popped up.

However my experiment is a little different than yours, because you were playing in the grid tables. I tried that too, but it was hard to really narrow down and see specifically if it was working or not. It seemed like it was working properly on my machine, but its hard to test these things without a concrete specific thing to look for.

Can you try my experiment, with 3 observed tables in the grid, and then see if you still see the same focus stealing from one table in the stack to another?

Can you also try the experiment with another site only, such as PokerStars? That way we can narrow things down a bit

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10