a few questions about hotkeys
1. I have a "fn" key on my keyboard, on the bottom between "ctrl" and "window", that would be useful if I could bring it into play. Is there a way to do that? I can't seem to find it in the hotkey options.

2. Regarding the "window" and "alt" keys on my keyboard. I have 2 of each - one on the left side of my spacebar and one on my right. Is there a way I can use them independently ?

3. regarding modifiers. if I have , for example, my "ctl" key being used already as a hotkey by itself, can it also be used as a modifier, or can it only be one or the other?
(09-01-2023, 04:39 AM)Rubinstein Wrote: 1. I have a "fn" key on my keyboard, on the bottom between "ctrl" and "window", that would be useful if I could bring it into play. Is there a way to do that? I can't seem to find it in the hotkey options.
Unfortunately there is no way. Thats a hardwired key and I'm unable to respond to its presses

(09-01-2023, 04:39 AM)Rubinstein Wrote: 2. Regarding the "window" and "alt" keys on my keyboard. I have 2 of each - one on the left side of my spacebar and one on my right. Is there a way I can use them independently ?
Yes. When choosing the hotkey key, prefix with "L"/"R" for which side. So for example, choose key names from "LWin", "RWin", "LAlt", "RAlt", "LCtrl", "RCtrl", "LShift", "RShift" (with no quotes)

(09-01-2023, 04:39 AM)Rubinstein Wrote: 3. regarding modifiers. if I have , for example, my "ctl" key being used already as a hotkey by itself, can it also be used as a modifier, or can it only be one or the other?
Yes, you should be able to. For modifiers, you'd have to use special symbols as prefix instead of the keynames spelled out. If you click the "..." button it gives you an interface to make it simpler, but here are the symbols for modifiers:

^ = Ctrl
! = Alt
+ = Shift
# = Win

So for example if you wanted to set up a hotkey for Ctrl+Q, you would use ^Q as the key name
Regarding question 2 - That's just it. I see Lwin and Rwin, but Alt and Ctrl don't have a prefix in my menu. I'm running 2.99.20-highDPI. Are you saying there's a way I can create an LAlt key?
(09-01-2023, 11:22 AM)Rubinstein Wrote: Regarding question 2 - That's just it. I see Lwin and Rwin, but Alt and Ctrl don't have a prefix in my menu. I'm running 2.99.20-highDPI. Are you saying there's a way I can create an LAlt key?

You can just type in the keyname in that field
I already tried that but it wont do anything when i type. maybe Im trying to do it in the wrong place?
I'm trying to type in the hotkey box where it says "Hotkey:" right above where it says "Desc:" .
And I do have SAT turned off while I'm doing that.
Type in the box on the main Add Hotkey window, not inside the "..." window

Like here I've typed in 'asdf' which obviously won't work as a hotkey key but just as an example to show you where:

https://imgur.com/qM19AbB
It works! tyvm

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10