Custom grid
I was looking for a way to work around this problem (https://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showt...p?tid=2548) and came up with an idea how this could work.
Would it be possible to have separate slot for table that requires action? For example there would be stack slot as it is right now, but the table that has action (preflop) would be moved to specific slot, after you acted on that table its either moved back to stack slot (if you folded) or to grid (if you entered into the pot) and into that specific slot is moved next table that requires preflop action.
This way stars/gg tables wouldnt mess up each other, because you would not act in stack slot where are all the tables stacked, but in specific slot where is only one table.
Would it be possible to implement? 
Attached illustration of layout like that
[Image: 1e33e6ac00eeb0c3438c3168033929f3.png]
Interesting idea. I don't believe this was ever suggested before.

It might be possible to implement this. But I'm not sure what we would call it, and/or how we would offer that option inside the UI for the settings for a user to choose it. Because that extra new slot is a deviation from SAT's current model.

What Tile Mode are you using right now currently?

For right now, I think the easiest and fastest workaround to your problem is to run a 2nd instance of SAT. I gave a full reply in that other thread.
What Tile Mode are you using right now currently? Not sure if i understand correctly, but im using 'Stack and Tile' play mode

It might be possible to implement this. But I'm not sure what we would call it, and/or how we would offer that option inside the UI for the settings for a user to choose it. Because that extra new slot is a deviation form SAT's current model I think there could be separate entry 'Preflop action table slot' (or something like that im not really good with naming Smile ) in 'Slots' section which would by default have same value as 'Stack slot' so it would work same as it is working right now, but if you want you could for example choose Slot #1 and that way you would have #1 slot reserved for table that requires preflop action.
Its quite hard for me to handle 2 stacks thats why i'm looking for solution for quite some time already Sad
My layout settings im currently using
[Image: 06b3f539b64676ae69eff742c6b730cf.png]
Sorry, I meant "Move to grid" setting

Ok lets explore further. I wouldnt necessary call it the "preflop slot" because SAT doesn't really track that. But since you want it to only hold one single table, I would think it would just be the "Most Urgent Table slot". Whichever table that requires action first in order would move out of the stack and into this new slot. Lets just call it "this new slot" for now.

Then would the "Move to grid" setting apply to this new slot, rather than to the stack? So suppose you have "Move to grid" = "After entering pot", obviously if you enter the pot in this new slot, then the table moves to the next free grid slot.

But, suppose you are thinking on the table in this new slot. Seems like the stack slot should continue popping up other urgent tables so that you can see. So suppose while youre thinking on this new slot, and then you act on the table in the stack slot, should that table move to the grid? Or stay in the stack?

Suppose the "Move to grid" setting = "Action required"? If this new slot is currently occupied, and new stack tables require action, should they just pop to the top of the stack as mentioned earlier? Or should they start moving into the next free grid slots?

Maybe your idea only makes sense for the "After entering pot" setting..
But, suppose you are thinking on the table in this new slot. Seems like the stack slot should continue popping up other urgent tables so that you can see. So suppose while youre thinking on this new slot, and then you act on the table in the stack slot, should that table move to the grid? Or stay in the stack? 
I think if you choose to enter the pot from stack then it definitely should just move to the grid, same as it was before.

I agree with you that this would make most sense for the "After entering pot" setting.

Do you think it would be too specific/niche of a feature? I can only talk about myself but for me it would be game changer, i love to make preflop decisions in same place so for example setting "Move to Grid" to "When action required" makes it more like tiled tables because preflop actions are all over the place. So my solution for now is just to play GG and do not play in any other rooms.
Well then, when the new preflop slot is currently occupied, and you are thinking because you have a difficult decision on that new slot, and since we would continue popping up tables on the top of the stack as normal, then if you tried to act on a table in the stack, you would still run into the same focus stealing issues with GG in the stack.

Suppose a Stars table pops to the top of the stack, and you have an easy decision on that table so you try to click on that stack table real quick, you might get a misclick if GG table steals focus and pops above the Stars table at the same moment you are trying to click.

So this new slot would only be a solution if you solely acted from the new slot all the time, and never acted out of the stack...
Of course the idea is to not act on stack slot if you decide to use this feature and combine GG + Stars for example, but preventing user from doing that would increase the scope of the changes by a lot. I think just keeping everything as it is and treating this as small feature / add-on which would atleast give user a chance to combine those sites would already be a big win (as they say 80% results with 20% effort Smile ). What do you think?

By the way, i've been posting unregistered so tried to register and claim my username, but i did not get verification email so now i cannot use that username anymore when posting unregistered Smile
i see two accounts registered with similar usernames

one from atk..@gmail from 5 months ago and another qui..@gmail today. i manually activated both so you can try to log in now

i will consider this feature more.. it is not a small change by any means. its really just a hack to get around the real problem of GG stealing focus
Now it works, thanks for help and discussion! If you'll need any input just leave a message here i'll check this thread once in a while for sure

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10