Pricing
Hello!

I would like to know how you came up with your pricing? Tableninja, Holdem Manager and other big tools offer lifetime memberships that are cheaper than a 6 month membership on Stack and Tile would cost.

I know it is your price and you got a nice little niche for yourself, but how do you want to keep making good buisiness when you overprice this much?
When the first serious competitor steps in you will lose a lot of abos.

I know you will say it is most likely less than one stack a month for most of your customers. But just saying that pokerplayers are able to pay your prices with ease, doesn't mean they will do it.
I've addressed this a lot on twoplustwo, and I don't intend to get into it again, so this will be the only post on the subject. I want to focus on getting the word out and making the program bug-free, not arguing something that really doesn't matter since we are ultimately talking a few big blinds a month.

Lets just say that as a poker player I would gladly play $500+ for a program such as PokerTracker/HEM, and I'm sure many others would too. Its WORTH that price, to me. Obviously I think SaT is "worth" it. If you can play just one extra table, it easily pays for itself (and I reckon that you can add more than just one table). Now, that said, I want to have happy customers who find that the software is worth its value. If StackAndTile is not worth the price to you, then simply don't buy it. The market is always right. No hard feelings. So I don't view SaT as being over-priced. I view almost all other poker software as being under-priced. Another thing to realize, is that maybe this pricing scheme saves people money, if they subscribe for a month or two, realize that the application doesn't feel right for their play style, and then they cancel. They would save a good chunk compared to buying outright.

The current customers obviously find that SaT is worth it. I had one guy refuse to help me promote the software, because he is semi well known in his area and it was so valuable to him he just didn't want anyone else to know about it. Believe me, I understand where you're coming from, and have thought a fair bit about it. But, I'm a one man show, and am hardly making any money as it is on this project. Financially, I should just be playing poker, but maybe I'm just too stupid by choosing to work for $0.10/hr on this application. You guys better hope I don't wisen up. Smile

With that said, I'm working on a split pricing scheme that will help small stakes players a little, and slightly more expensive for mid-high stakes. Should be done soon. If you play mid-high, you should probably sign up now and save some money Smile