SaT causing misclicks
Hi there,

I love this program, but I am having some issues which are causing mislicks and costing me money, probably to the point where I won't be able to use it.

Sometimes when I click call/raise on a game in the stack it moves to the grid, but the action is not sent. This is not too much of an issue as I just have to click raise/call again on the table when it is in the grid.

However on rare occasions the table moves but the action is sent to another table, causing me to mislick raise.

Can one of the advanced settings help with this?

I am not sure what action delay and engine delay do.

Would appreciate your help as I don't want to go back to life without SaT!

Regards,
Cameron.
Yeah obviously this would be a problem!

Can you give a bit more details? How many tables are you playing on? What Tile Setting? What Scan Mode? Does this happen with only certain sites? Does it happen only with mouse clicks, or with hotkeys too?

(07-11-2011, 04:19 PM)soulsbyc Wrote: Sometimes when I click call/raise on a game in the stack it moves to the grid, but the action is not sent. This is not too much of an issue as I just have to click raise/call again on the table when it is in the grid.

Do you notice on these occasions if the next table underneath requires action or not? Perhaps when this happens, the action tries to get sent to the next table underneath, but since it doesn't require action, no buttons are there to be pressed. So I wonder if this is really the same problem as the misclick. From what I can gather, you are clicking on a button, the table is moving to the grid before the actual action is sent, and the action ends up being sent to the table underneath?

(07-11-2011, 04:19 PM)soulsbyc Wrote: Can one of the advanced settings help with this?

I am not sure what action delay and engine delay do.

Engine delay simply is how long it waits between scanning the tables. This probably doesn't matter, and its likely I'll remove it.
Action delay is how long to wait AFTER sending the action to the table, and then table moves (either to stack or grid). This MIGHT help, to try increasing the delay.

I'm going to bed now but I'll check back tomorrow
Hey,

Thanks for replying so quickly. I will try too asnwer your questions. I am playing on 14 tables. I am tiling after entering the pot. DWM scan mode. I am only using it on pokerstars. I have only had the problem when using the mouse. I use tableninja hotkeys to fold sometimes but I haven't had the problem yet using that, but probably because I haven't used it much yet.

I thought the same thing that it may simply be the same issue, causing a misclick only when there is another table waiting for action behind the front one. However with 14 tables I think there would be another table waiting the majority of the time, and I am only getting the misclick a couple of times a day and the other problem quite often. I will try and keep an eye on this and see if I can figure out anything else. One other thing to note - the table that is misclicked is not sent tiled, so it is definately not just me accidentally double-clicking or anything because that would result in both tables getting tiled.

I am going to bed now too, but will be playing tomorrow so I will try increasing the action delay and see if this helps. Certainly sounds like it might - If something else on my system is causing the action to be delayed for longer than the current settting then it may have already been moved by the time the click is sent right?

Thanks for your help,
Cameron.
(07-11-2011, 05:40 PM)soulsbyc Wrote: I thought the same thing that it may simply be the same issue, causing a misclick only when there is another table waiting for action behind the front one. However with 14 tables I think there would be another table waiting the majority of the time, and I am only getting the misclick a couple of times a day and the other problem quite often.

You may be surprised at how fast you can play. If you could try this for me, don't change the Action Delay just yet, and play normally. Since you say this happens often, when you get the bug where the table moves to grid, but no action is sent and you must just click the button again, immediately look and see if the stack has any other tables needing action. My suspicion is that there will be no more tables needing action. I'm guessing that when there IS another table needing action, it will misclick and send the click to the next table.

If you can check that out for me, that would be great. And then of course, try increasing the Action Delay, and see if the bug is fixed.
I think you are probably right that it misclicks every time there is a table waiting. I could not find a situation where there was another table waiting and it wasn't clicked. It is not that easy to spot the problems because if the table is moved to the grid sometimes I don't notice for a few second that it didnt get clicked. Also if a table is misclicked I dont always notice straight away as it disappears behind another table in the stack.

I increased the action delay to 200ms and still had the issue occasionally (about 6-7 times in 3 hours with 2 misclicks), and then tried 300ms. I think it still happened once with that setting in 3 or 4 hours of play.

So its does seem to help, but I am not sure how high I have to go to be sure that I wont have the issue.

I will try higher settings tomorrow and see what happens.

I am also having another issue where SaT seems to stop working every now and then and I have to restart the program which can be pretty annoying if I am in 15 games. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thanks,
Cameron.
Here's what I think:

two tables need action -> first table gets moved to grid, but actual click gets sent to the table underneath causing misclick

one table needs action -> first table gets moved to grid, actual click gets sent to the next table underneath. BUT, since the next table doesn't require action, the click gets sent there but no misclick happens since no buttons are visible.

Quote:I increased the action delay to 200ms and still had the issue occasionally (about 6-7 times in 3 hours with 2 misclicks), and then tried 300ms. I think it still happened once with that setting in 3 or 4 hours of play.

So its does seem to help, but I am not sure how high I have to go to be sure that I wont have the issue.

I'm glad to see that the Action Delay is helping the problem. Please continue to experiment with that (and higher delays) and report back the results. In the meantime, I'm working on a big update which should be released soon. I will do some work on the Left Click Detection and try to make it more efficient, and we'll see if I can fix the problem.

Whats happening is that the poker client cannot keep up fast enough with SaT's table moving. I think that the client is not registering the mouse click fast enough, and SaT is moving the table right out from under it. So thats why the delay is needed, and why it was added to the application a long time ago. Probably if you played 24 tables, you would find that you would need even higher delay, since pokerstars would be really struggling to process all the information for all its tables.

Quote:I am also having another issue where SaT seems to stop working every now and then and I have to restart the program which can be pretty annoying if I am in 15 games. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

No ideas off the top of my head. A problem like that is hard to diagnose since it happens randomly. It could be a number of reasons, maybe not related to SaT. You could try increasing the Engine Delay to 1000 or 1500, that might reduce the load on the whole system.
Also, are the misclicks specific to a certain button? Is it only Raise that causes misclicks? or Call and Fold too?
I think it would only be call or raise, as the table is not moved when I fold. I am playing again soon so will keep an eye on that too. Although I can't actually remember any situations where the mislick was a call, but then again I am not flat calling much preflop...

Cheers,
Cameron.
Let me know how the session went today. And please check your email Smile
Thanks for your help.

Increasing the Action Delay seemed to solve the problem - I have played for a few days now using a setting of 800ms and haven't had any more misclicks. Not sure if it needs to be quite this high but would rather be safe than sorry. I may experiment with a lower setting when I am playing some lower stakes games at some stage.

Cheers,
Cam.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10