888 tables fail to move into grid...
First of all, please don't create new threads for the same problem. I am going to merge these posts back into the main thread.

Now...

(10-30-2013, 05:57 AM)MarcyArgy Wrote: So I'm massively on tilt now because of SaT.

I thought finally I had everything just fine after re-including 888 and midway through a 15 table session low and behold 888 tables erratically stop moving to grid. This has destroyed my session and caused timeout problems on all sites.

Why would you think that everything is just fine when you've done nothing to change anything?

Quote:Admin you know the issues surrounding this and having tested every possible table size / layout I cannot waste anymore of my time (not to mention wasting money!) trying to figure out the incompatibility the software has with 888.

I've asked you twice to try using a layout with a slightly larger grid slot size, and you've ignored me. If you don't want to try to solve the problem, that's fine. You don't have to waste any of your time that you don't want to.

Quote:All I know is that I bought your product understanding that it works with ALL sites. THIS IS NOT THE CASE AND 888 TABLES ARE THE ONLY PROBLEM OF THREE IN MY SETUP.

SaT can work with all sites. Not perfectly though, and each site's specific issues are listed on the help pages on the website. Lastly, some sites just completely prevent scanning of their tables. So in those cases then SaT will not work. I suppose that I need to update the wording on the website.

Quote:I can be sure that this problem is not to do with PT4 or my machine as SaT operates perfectly when 888 is omitted.

You cannot be sure that the problem is not due to PT4 or your machine. You yourself were the one who stated that the problem happened when PT4 was on, and then when you turned PT4 off the problem went away and things worked fine.

Clearly there is an issue somewhere if you are getting mixed results. If you don't want to try to track down the problem, that's your choice.

Further, I have tested on my machine on multiple table sizes, and the tables do detect that action is required and pop into the grid when someone shoves and covers you, and only Fold/Call All-in are visible.

Quote:I want my money back from the annual subscription I have paid upfront. Once you have fixed the problem I would be happy to re-subscribe but as it stands I cannot continue to be tilted so badly by a program I'm paying for that is supposed to make a poker player's life easier.

If you want a refund, I will gladly give it. Send an email to: support (at) stackandtile (dot) com
Email from your registered email address and/or give your license code and you will get a full refund.

Do not however blame the software when we haven't even determined what your issue is yet.

(10-30-2013, 07:07 AM)MarcyArgy Wrote: looks like there is an hostorical issue with folding buttons for 888 that still haven't been rectified:

Hilips Wrote:
greg nice Wrote:
NeverStopTrying Wrote:Thanks for the answer for my previous question. 888Poker is one of my main sites as I play MTTs. The problem is that in their program there's a visible fold button when I'm still waiting for my turn, and the result is that their table will be on top of my stack the whole time until it's my turn to act while other tables need action too. Pushing "fold+stack" hotkey doesn't help as it immediately comes on the top again. Is there anything I can do about this? For now I have just simply moved the table to one of the slots and then stacked it after my turn has passed.
yes thats why i havent been able to support 888poker officially with built in settings, because of this exact issue. unfortunately not all poker sites do things in a way that SaT can support

what you need to check is if the pre-fold checkbox is the same color as the actual fold button. if it is identical, then we're screwed.

if i remember correctly, the fold button is mostly black with a little bit of color near the bottom of the button. what i would suggest is going through the custom site wizard again, and when it tells you click on the location of the fold button, click near the top where there is some color. that MAY work. otherwise, you'd need to look into modding the graphics of the table, if thats even possible.
I have been using SAT at 888poker and that's exactly what i did, and it works."

Here is the post in question:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/167/co...st32514931
I have included the full thread of posts in the quote above in case anyone else wants to follow it.

There is no "historical issue of folding buttons for 888 that still hasn't been rectified". Simple as that.

The user in question (NeverStopTrying) was having the complete OPPOSITE problem that you are having. His tables were ALWAYS being detected as having action required, and he was unable to clear the table from the top of the stack. His problem was precisely what I described. The black fold checkbox was being detected as if it were the actual Fold button which was also black.

Also, that was posted 1.5 years ago, and at that time, 888poker was not officially supported as a built-in site within SaT. So the user must have been using a custom site that he set up himself using the wizard. I gave a solution in the post, and then the user who you quotes in the post, Hilips, even said that using my solution worked. So there was no issue even then, other than the fact that the original user had misconfigured his custom site.
Ok thanks for posting replies and apologies for being so angry in my posts. I am sure you can understand how tilting it can be to have sitting out tables buried at the bottom of the pile. I have since tested another table size with PT4 running alongside the other poker sites i use (stars and winamax. I have pasted the notepad ini. file below in case other users suffer similar problems. This does seem to be the solution in terms of optimal table size:

[settings]
table_width=503
table_height=388
total_slots=8
slot1x=0
slot1y=340
slot2x=0
slot2y=0
slot3x=503
slot3y=0
slot4x=503
slot4y=340
slot5x=861
slot5y=0
slot6x=863
slot6y=340
slot7x=425
slot7y=149
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=grid
move_on_street=preflop
oldtables_duration=2
oldtables_slot=grid
scan_mode=DWM
move_to_grid=preflop
play_mode=SaT
activate_most_urgent=1
activate_table_under_mouse=0
highlight_active_win=0
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=0
check_holecard_for_end_of_hand=0
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=1
show_session_timer=0
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_action_required=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=3
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=0
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=0
table_count_gui_x=1262
table_count_gui_y=615
slot8x=216
slot8y=263
[general]
show_walkthru=0
gui_x=750
gui_y=137
last_tab=
is_reloading=0
version=2.4.11
v=fu
[sites]
number_of_sites=3
included_sites=888PacificPoker,PokerStarsBlack,Winamax_Small
888PacificPoker_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PacificPoker\bin\poker.exe
888PacificPoker_included_resized_table_width=503
888PacificPoker_included_resized_table_height=388
888PacificPoker_included_fold_color=0xce9410
888PacificPoker_included_call_color=0xda59
888PacificPoker_included_bet_color=0x782ff
PokerStarsBlack_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsBlack_included_resized_table_width=503
PokerStarsBlack_included_resized_table_height=374
PokerStarsBlack_included_fold_color=0x10175
PokerStarsBlack_included_call_color=0x20253
PokerStarsBlack_included_bet_color=0x2026a
Winamax_Small_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamax Poker\Winamax Poker.exe
Winamax_Small_included_resized_table_width=503
Winamax_Small_included_resized_table_height=388
Winamax_Small_included_fold_color=0xc086f
Winamax_Small_included_call_color=0xc086f
Winamax_Small_included_bet_color=0xc086f
[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=5
hotkey1action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey1key=Tab
hotkey2action=Call + Stack table
hotkey2key=Q
hotkey3action=Activate most urgent table
hotkey3key=Escape
hotkey4action=Tile all tables
hotkey4key=F1
hotkey5action=Keep table in grid
hotkey5key=Insert
send_table_under_mouse=1

Thanks for your patience Admin and apologies for making outrageous posts / claims / statements.

There is one outstanding issue i have with Winamax tables using these settings. It seems when i include winamax and it resizes table to match my settings it defaults to an inbuilt
setting 'Winamax Small' This results in my winamax tables appearing smaller than the dimensions i have told SaT I want. It means that I have to manually hit the maximise window on the poker table to get SaT to correctly resize and grab the table. Any idea why this would happen?

Marc
(10-31-2013, 04:57 PM)MarcyArgy Wrote: Ok thanks for posting replies and apologies for being so angry in my posts. I am sure you can understand how tilting it can be to have sitting out tables buried at the bottom of the pile.

Hey I understand. No one likes to lose money unneessarily. I was just surprised that you would continue to use it after you knew you were having problems and we hadn't solved it yet Wink

Quote: I have since tested another table size with PT4 running alongside the other poker sites i use (stars and winamax. I have pasted the notepad ini. file below in case other users suffer similar problems. This does seem to be the solution in terms of optimal table size:

[settings]
table_width=503
table_height=388

Good to hear that its working.

It looks like 503x388 is slightly larger than your previous size of 502x362. Its strange though, because your table is only 1 pixel wider but its 26 pixels taller. That seems out of wack somehow. Here's what could have been the problem: Perhaps your first size of 502x362 was based off a different pokersite when you created the layout and it asked you to press F7. Then when you included 888, SaT resized the 888 table to 502x362. Maybe these dimensions were not a native proportion of how 888 scales its table size. This may have caused the Fold button location to be off just slightly. Because the 888 fold button only has a small sliver of color on the bottom that we are trying to detect, maybe this un-natural table dimension caused the coordinate to be off by just enough. I'm not sure though, because as I said I did test with 502x362 and it worked for me. So its a mystery for now.

Quote:Thanks for your patience Admin and apologies for making outrageous posts / claims / statements.

Its all good

Quote:There is one outstanding issue i have with Winamax tables using these settings. It seems when i include winamax and it resizes table to match my settings it defaults to an inbuilt
setting 'Winamax Small' This results in my winamax tables appearing smaller than the dimensions i have told SaT I want. It means that I have to manually hit the maximise window on the poker table to get SaT to correctly resize and grab the table. Any idea why this would happen?

I'm not completely sure what you mean when you say the tables appear smaller than the dimensions you have told SaT. Can you take a screenshot to show me?

When are you hitting the 'maximize window' button? And I assume you're meaning the square button between the '_' minimize and the 'X' close buttons that are in the upper right of every window?

"Winamax_Small" are just some built-in settings if your grid slot size is smaller. At the smaller sizes, Winamax doesn't keep their fold/call/bet buttons in the same place, so I have to have two separate built-in settings. This probably doesn't matter for what you're describing.

However, there will be some slight variations to the table sizes between sites, due to the native proportions that each site scales its tables to. I will explain further after I've seen your screenshot.

sidenote:
I did find a bug just now due to this testing. It seems if the Winamax lobby was opened first, and then the 888 lobby, and both were open when you tried to Include 888 into SaT, the tables wouldn't match during Include Site setup when it asks for F9. I'll fix this for the next version.
OK. Problem has reoccurred with 888 table. Seems that satellite tables and or rebuy MTTs are always the tables to fall by the way side. I had 18 tables running and one suddenly disappears from SaT - not shown up as old table just dropped. I blinded away in a satellite that i was due to easily qualify for but as i had 18 tables running didnt notice until i got informed i was eliminated.
First, this definitely sucks that you are losing money, so I suggest you stop using SaT with 888 until we've determined the problem. But you are free to do what you want.

When you say the table disappears from SaT and is just dropped, what does that mean? Does it show up in the table count #s on the Main tab? Do hotkeys work on it?
I think I will stop for now - but I also want to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps you can make a post / poll and ask your other customers if A) They use 888 with SaT and B) do they have problems with tables dropping out.

The table was included in the table count at first and was operating as normal. No hotkeys worked and it disappeared from the table count. This always seems to happen to me on the satellites. No problems with the other tables.

I really want to be able to go back to my daily grind with 888 in conjunction with 888 but I will wait until you get this resolved.

Thanks

(11-03-2013, 12:48 AM)MarcyArgy Wrote: I think I will stop for now - but I also want to get to the bottom of it.

Me too, thats why I appreciate that you are continuing to try to provide details.

Quote:Perhaps you can make a post / poll and ask your other customers if A) They use 888 with SaT and B) do they have problems with tables dropping out.

The things is that most customers don't visit the forums regularly. Only if they have a problem, thats when they come. So I doubt a poll would get much response.

Quote:The table was included in the table count at first and was operating as normal. No hotkeys worked and it disappeared from the table count. This always seems to happen to me on the satellites. No problems with the other tables.

Man I have no idea why this would happen. Are you sure you didn't use an "Ignore Table" hotkey at some point?

Quote:I really want to be able to go back to my daily grind with 888 in conjunction with 888 but I will wait until you get this resolved.

I'm probably going to need your assistance since you are the only one that seems to be reporting the issue. If you can try to isolate the problem where you can reproduce it every time, then that would be ideal and I could probably fix it quick
Hi there, think I may have (possibly) got to the bottom of this. I can't think of a solution though - maybe you can? Basically I think the problem I've had with 888 arises from the pop-up prompt that appears when retabled. This requires a manual left click 'okay' to acknowledge the table movie (pointless). So if i fail to spot that this has happened the table I think, stays hidden due to the pop-up hence falling off the SaT radar. I really think this might be the reason and nothing to do with table size. I've not had any problems recently and im sorely tempted to switch back to my optimal mini table sizing and see what happens.....Appreciate your thoughts on my theory regarding this.

Cheers

Marc
Perhaps you can ask 888 nicely if they will switch off this unnecessary popup? I've already sent them an email. One more wont hurt.

(11-09-2013, 01:51 PM)MarcyArgy Wrote: Hi there, think I may have (possibly) got to the bottom of this. I can't think of a solution though - maybe you can? Basically I think the problem I've had with 888 arises from the pop-up prompt that appears when retabled. This requires a manual left click 'okay' to acknowledge the table movie (pointless). So if i fail to spot that this has happened the table I think, stays hidden due to the pop-up hence falling off the SaT radar. I really think this might be the reason and nothing to do with table size. I've not had any problems recently and im sorely tempted to switch back to my optimal mini table sizing and see what happens.....Appreciate your thoughts on my theory regarding this.

Cheers

Marc

Ohhh yes, I think you may be correct. I vaguely remember another 888 user mentioning this problem. They said that every time you get moved to a new table, 888 shows a popup that must be clicked on, otherwise you can't do anything on the table. This popup could prevent SaT from interacting with the table.

(11-09-2013, 02:05 PM)MarcyArgy Wrote: Perhaps you can ask 888 nicely if they will switch off this unnecessary popup? I've already sent them an email. One more wont hurt.

I'll do that. I will also look and see if I can automate clicking this popup somehow. Can you take a screenshot of the popup for me?

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 2
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10