First Test, Feedback/Wishes
(11-19-2013, 06:29 PM)NewTester Wrote: Ok, the "Fold+Stack"-Function works very good. But for allin-shoves I have actually to use at least 2 clicks (one click for big sizing, next click for bet+stack). Here it would be fine to have one function "Shove+Stack". Especially if u play mutch hypers...after a third of the tournament u r very often in the push-or-fold mode...(and ok yes, if u only play cashgame, then its not so important, because u rarely shove...).

Many people have requested an "allin" hotkey. However, there is no easy way to do this. There is no "allin" button on the table for me to click. So the only way is to change the betbox. But there are two problems with this: 1. not all sites even allow me to 'see' the betbox when developing the program (which is the same problem I have with the increase/descrese bet hotkeys), and 2. even if I can put stuff into the betbox, not all sites work if you put in 999999 as the betsize. Some require the exact amount.

Lastly, combining the BetSize hotkey with a Bet+Stack hotkey doesn't exactly work either, because each person can configure their BetSize buttons differently within the poker client.

Of course, you can use a simple AHK script to combine them yourself, which I could help you with. For example, if your BetSize hotkey for allin is "F1" and then your "Bet+Stack" hotkey is "F2", and when you want to do a "Shove+Stack" you want to press "F9", then:

Code:
When pressing F9:
   Send "F1" keystroke
   Wait half a second
   Send "F2" keystroke
finish

This would have to be a custom script that you use outside of SaT which would call the SaT hotkeys

Quote:Yes, I used a wrong name for it...better would be something like "dont move the actually shown top-table from main-stacked-slot, if there is direct action required (fold/bet-buttons are visible) and this table is already shown on screen longer then x seconds". I scan the whole screen to set priorities where I have to react first and then the tables and each position are saved in my brain and then I dont like it if the table moves away...better would be, if a slot become free, that the shown top-table who already required direct action dont move and the programm just check if there is a another table under the shown one who required action and if yes, then move this table to the new free slot).

Additional reason (to the other I mentioned in my first post). If all slots are already full, then I have obv. mutch action. And in this case, I have mutch to do and I dont want to spend time to watch what on the main-stacked-slot happens (especially not, if its not clearly, sometimes u have there a stack where direct-action is required and sometimes not...this costs attention and I dont want to share this attention if I have already less time...). But with the new function (from my first post...""hide main-stacked-slot if no action is required" then I know instandly, if on this place a table appears, its a table where action is required and so its more clearly (and additonal I have the advantage to your suggested solution (move stack slot offscreen), that I dont miss action, because the popup-Function in this stacked slot still works).

Ok I understand these two now. I don't really like the first one for "don't move top table in stack after X seconds". I think many people have trained themselves not to look at the stack and this would actually require them to.

As for "hide stack slot if no action required", what do you mean by 'hide'? Keep all of the tables disappeared?

Quote:To my new-stacked-table-Idea:
Yes, I can understand your view. Its a bigger change and mutch work. But I think its no super big problem to find a good user-interface for that (for example something like thumbnail-view from all slot and then add a property-Field where the user can chose what kind of slot this should be (tilt oder stacked...).

Trust me developing the interface is a lot of work. The hardest part is making everything clear for the user. What would I name this new setting? Would it stay under "Stack And Tile" play mode? Would I have to remove the "Move to Grid" setting altogether? Because would these new slots even be called part of the "grid"?

This is the base of the program now:
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/overview

It seems that the whole concept of the Stack and the Grid would be gone. But it would only be gone in this new mode. How do I communicate that to the user in the interface?

It sounds like you just want a bunch of slots where tables never move, they just pop to the top of their individual stack. But then DaZedMaN still wants a stack and grid. He says that if all gridslots are full, then the tables should still move out of the main stack, but then start stacking behind the other tables in the grid slots.

Yes, the internal work is difficult to add this stuff. But its just as hard to come up with clear and understandable settings for the users, so they know what the program does and how to choose it.

Quote:But overall I think, such a possiblity could be extrem powerfull for the user. For example the user can play diffrent tournament types with diffrent buyin or blind structure, or in cashgame diffrent limits and then just use a own stack for each (or they can use a stacked slot for special opponents (fish-tables) which are easy to play, and other stack for harder tables, or a slot for the early tournament phase (where u play very tight and fold mutch) and other slots for later phase and so on...).And as a next step, there are many possiblities for more upgrades too. For example it could also be interesting to read holecards and let the tables moves to stacked slot depending on the holecards (trash hands in a slot and Monsters in a other slot).

There are many possibilities, although I don't think holecards is one of them. Firstly, I don't think players would trust me or anyone to be reading their holecards. But more importantly, this would probably classify the software as a bot and be banned.

Quote: And on short-term view the other mentioned points (functions "shove+stack", "dont-move table" and "hide-main-slot" are more important for me (if u add this, I buy it...if not I have to develop my own programm (next year I try sne on stars and I need a very good tool for that...every mouseclick less is important and I want a clear screen too)...but I would prefer just to pay and save my time for this...).

I recommend you try some of the workarounds suggested. I have a tournament player who plays as much as 40 tables at a time with SaT. It can be done, but obviously I understand that you want it tailored perfectly for your setup. You are free to try to develop your own software, or pay someone to build something more specific for you. However, every time someone has told me that they are gonna do that, they always come back and end up disappointed, because it gets pretty expensive, and also there is A LOT of hassle going back and forth with the programmer as you try to explain your ideas. I've done custom work for people in the past and I don't think I will ever do it again. Even after being paid $1000+ for work, I'm still unsatisfied because I put in too much work and too much hassle. I'm not just saying this so that you buy my software. Another $20/month makes no difference to me. Just giving you a heads up.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by NewTester - 11-18-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by DaZedMan - 11-18-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by SaT_Admin - 11-19-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by DaZedMan - 11-19-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by SaT_Admin - 11-19-2013, 12:47 PM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by SaT_Admin - 11-19-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: First Test, Feedback/Wishes - by NewTester - 11-19-2013, 06:29 PM