Grid by blind levels on SnG
Hello.

I am testing the program for a few days, trying to get used to it. It's great for cash table, but as I use it for Sit&Go, I feel that there could be some ajustments that could make it very good.

My point is: I open a lot of tables (SnG), but then I want to give special attention to those that are running good, deep.

This is my idea:
If I could specify some rules on the grid, for example:
grid 0 : blind levels 10/20 to 15/30
grid 1 : blind levels 25/50 to 50/100
grid 2 : blind levels 75/150 to 100/200
grid 3 : blind levels 100/200+ante - 150/300
grid 4 : blind levels 200/400 - 300/600
grid 5 : blind levels 400/800 +

So this way I am playing some final tables on grid 4 and 5, and I can give a lot of attention. Also timming I think is very important of FTs.

The tables should move from grid 0 to 1, from grid 1 to grid 2, etc as blind levels goes up.

Lets say I have 3 or 4 final tables (grid4 and grid5), and another 20 SnG on the other grids that are still going on.

Moving the table from stack to grid and back confuses me a lot because I have to check everytime what is the level, what final table is this, who was doing what, and so on, and it's taking more time and efford then helping me, while I still have a lot of other tables to decide what to do that are timing out.

So I end up stopping SaT to put those FT fixed somewhere to play them the best I can.

I tried to simulate this adding 12 tables, like this:
grid 0 : 1 and 2
grid 1 : 3 and 4
grid 2 : 5 and 6
grid 3 : 7 and 8
grid 4 : 9 and 10
grid 5 : 11 and 12

It almost works, but limits to 12 tornaments, and when I bust in one, then registering another starts to make all mixed again. I also tried to move tables to previos slot but then I don't know the table in the back if I busted or not. it's confusing and taking away my focus.

So the idea is that every grid is a stack itself.

grid 0 : stacks all SnG that are blind level 10/20 to 15/30
grid 1 : stacks all SnG that are blind level 25/50 to 50/100
and so on.

Another good feature is that grids could have diferent sizes.

Because of the same reason, final tables needs more space to HUD.

I don't know if there is some better idea to play SnG using SaT, but if there is, please advise me.

Anyway, it's a great software.

Thank you

Doug
Thanks for trying it out. You offer a few different suggestions here..

(12-28-2013, 10:48 AM)Doug Wrote: Hello.

I am testing the program for a few days, trying to get used to it. It's great for cash table, but as I use it for Sit&Go, I feel that there could be some ajustments that could make it very good.

My point is: I open a lot of tables (SnG), but then I want to give special attention to those that are running good, deep.

This is my idea:
If I could specify some rules on the grid, for example:
grid 0 : blind levels 10/20 to 15/30
grid 1 : blind levels 25/50 to 50/100
grid 2 : blind levels 75/150 to 100/200
grid 3 : blind levels 100/200+ante - 150/300
grid 4 : blind levels 200/400 - 300/600
grid 5 : blind levels 400/800 +

So this way I am playing some final tables on grid 4 and 5, and I can give a lot of attention. Also timming I think is very important of FTs.

Unfortunately this is difficult to do across all pokersites. If I were making a product for one site, then perhaps I would consider this. But as it is, I believe it is probably too much work and not enough return. I would have to set up an entire system to allow players to define exactly what their rules are. This would require a whole new window in the user interface and a lot of back end work.

Quote:The tables should move from grid 0 to 1, from grid 1 to grid 2, etc as blind levels goes up.

This would similarly represent a large change to the program. Simply because as it is now, SaT only ever moves tables from the stack to the next free grid slot, or from the grid back to the stack. There is only one stack slot and all the rest are grid slots.

If we were to move tables automatically from 1->2 then 2->3 then 3->4 etc, then we would be moving tables from grid to grid instead of only stack to grid. This, along with the previous suggestion, is fairly specific that I think perhaps looking into having a custom script built specifically for you might be better (although obviously more expensive to hire a programmer). If I could think of other uses for cash players and the like, perhaps I would consider it if I thought it could bring in a lot more customers. But again, I'd probably need to allow a bunch of different rules for when and how each table gets moved from which slot.

Quote:Lets say I have 3 or 4 final tables (grid4 and grid5), and another 20 SnG on the other grids that are still going on.

Moving the table from stack to grid and back confuses me a lot because I have to check everytime what is the level, what final table is this, who was doing what, and so on, and it's taking more time and efford then helping me, while I still have a lot of other tables to decide what to do that are timing out.

So I end up stopping SaT to put those FT fixed somewhere to play them the best I can.

This is a fair criticism. What I have recommended people do in the past is to use the "Keep table in grid" hotkey to lock a table in place. I suggest this for all important tables such as final tables or HU grudge matches, etc. This will keep the table in the grid and it will not respond to any stacking commands until you toggle the hotkey off again. I know some tournament players use this solution. You can use the "Move to next/previous slot" hotkey to move it where you want and then lock it in place.

Quote:I tried to simulate this adding 12 tables, like this:
grid 0 : 1 and 2
grid 1 : 3 and 4
grid 2 : 5 and 6
grid 3 : 7 and 8
grid 4 : 9 and 10
grid 5 : 11 and 12

It almost works, but limits to 12 tornaments, and when I bust in one, then registering another starts to make all mixed again. I also tried to move tables to previos slot but then I don't know the table in the back if I busted or not. it's confusing and taking away my focus.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are saying here. If I have it correct, I don't recommend you overlapping two grid slots over each other to simulate a stack of tables. Like you experienced, its hard to manage the tables that end up behind.

Quote:So the idea is that every grid is a stack itself.

This has been requested in the past, but I have not figured out a good way to do it just yet. This would open up many different possibilities. But again, I usually have to weigh all potential requests with the costs vs rewards. This has been on the request list a while but obviously has not moved up just yet.

Quote:grid 0 : stacks all SnG that are blind level 10/20 to 15/30
grid 1 : stacks all SnG that are blind level 25/50 to 50/100
and so on.

I will be honest and say that even if I did add the feature to have multiple stacks, its unlikely I will add rules for different blind levels. So you would still need to do some manual movement of tables to different stacks.

Quote:Another good feature is that grids could have diferent sizes.

Because of the same reason, final tables needs more space to HUD.

Allowing different slot sizes is another common request. This is probably more likely to be added than not added, although I have no specific timeframe. I just released a fairly major update a couple weeks ago which added some new "Move To Grid" settings that had been requested for a while. There were some hiccups during deployment that I hope are resolved. So I want to give the software some time to mature and iron out all of these potential issues before making any major changes.

Quote:I don't know if there is some better idea to play SnG using SaT, but if there is, please advise me.

I have at least one tournament player as a customer who plays up to 40 tables at a time with SaT. I am pretty confident that he uses the "Keep table in grid" hotkey that I suggested above, so that he can keep track of important tables. I believe he also uses a program called "CustomTitleBar" which color codes all of his tables based on certain rules. I am not sure if the rules allow only buyin amount or also blind level. You would need to check it out. It just shows a bright color so he automatically knows what level it is based on his rules. I think this software is only available for PokerStars though.

Quote:Anyway, it's a great software.

Thank you

Doug

Thank you for your rigorous testing. I hope you find something that is acceptable for you.
Hello.

Thank you very much for your answer.

As I said, I think SaT is a great solution for cash tables. You have done an awsome software and I recomend it for anyone who plays cash.

Keep table in grid is a nice solution. I also tested CustomTitleBar, it's very nice for 9max STT, because you can change colors based on number of players, and good for MTT. I usually play the 45man on pokerstars, and it only makes it one color, so doesn't help either.

But I found a very nice software that does what I need. It's not a poker software but it does the job. It's called PlaceMint. It's a window repositioning software.

It misses some features like -never sit out- or -activate most urgent table- so I have to find out a solution for these yet.

So I define slots for each blind group (10/20) (15/30) and so on, each slot can be with a diffent size, and the software moves the tables automatically between groups, and resizes it.

I also define how many windows (tables) this slots can have, so it works as a stack.

The slots can overlap and I can manually drag&drop a table between slots of the same group.

So, I created level blind groups, and 3 slots (1 main, 2 overlap). If I want to see the action or take some note, I move the table to one of these 2 extra slots.

From left to right blinds go up, so top left is 10/20, top right is 100/200+ante.
botton left goes 150/300 up to 200/400, and botton right 400/800 and up.

This way I know usually middle slots I have around 27 players, top right around 18 players, botton left arround 12 players or FT, botton right FT.

The software is not easy to understand for the regular user and it's kinda -do it yourself- script but with some efford it works.

I don't think PlaceMint is good for cash tables. it helps but...

SaT is better for cash.

I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. I will take these ideas into consideration for the future. I agree that your ideas would over more versatility than the current design.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10