Having some issues w S&T
(09-09-2012, 03:17 PM)Guest Wrote: Great info, thanks. When setting up flop or hole card white area, this was an issue because I use a four color deck with almost no white visible. Do you have any suggestions for making this work?

It should still be ok, let me get a little more technical for you.

I just used the term "white area" for convenience for most people. The reality is, SaT will be looking for the table background BEHIND where you click. So suppose that the table felt behind the flop cards is green. SaT will be looking for when it is NOT green, to determine whether the flop is visible. Obviously using the white of the card will work, since white is not green. However, if you click on an area that is not always white, where it might have the royal face card picture, there might be a green in there somewhere that would confuse SaT.

So a 4 color deck would still work, but if your 4 color deck ever has a close color match to the table background at the place where you click, then SaT might mistakenly think that the flop is not visible when in fact it is. For example, if the table felt background is green, and your deck uses green for all spade cards, and during setup you clicked on the first of the three flop cards, then every time the first flop card is a spade, SaT will incorrectly 'see' that the table background is visible when in reality it is in fact a green spade flop card and not the green table background. I hope that makes sense.

So a better description would be: you want to click an area on the flop card that will never be the same color as the table felt behind the card. You need to take into consideration all possible desk cards: 4 colors, face and non-face cards.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 8
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
Having some issues w S&T - by Guest - 09-09-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: Having some issues w S&T - by SaT_Admin - 09-09-2012, 02:16 PM
RE: Having some issues w S&T - by Guest - 09-09-2012, 03:17 PM
RE: Having some issues w S&T - by SaT_Admin - 09-10-2012, 01:29 AM