Tables stealing focus for split second
(05-28-2014, 01:05 AM)Insideman Wrote: The issue I am experiencing seems to be primarily relating to tables in my stack, though I believe I have seen it occur in the grid too (including the new and old table slots). Essentially If I click on a table in the stack and say fold using a hotkey, sometimes a table will pop up for a split second and I will then fold on whatever table that was.
It's a little hard for me to tell right now, because I am new to using Stack and Tile this way so I have no reference. For example, am I maybe not even supposed to be clicking on tables in the stack? Should it just be tables in the grid where I bet/fold/call?

Ok its probably a combination of you not understanding the play set up as well as potentially some bugs. I will try to explain.

When using 'Play Mode' = Stack And Tile, tables will be moving from the stack and to the grid and back, similar to the demo video on the front page. If your 'Move to Grid' setting is either 'When Action Required' or 'When dealt cards', then you want to think of most of your play happening in the grid. Tables will pop to the top of the stack if there is no more grid slots available, so that you don't miss out on tables simply because your grid is full.

Realize that you have 4 slots, but slot #3 and #4 will not be used for playing tables, since you have directly assigned them for New and Old tables respectively. This limits you to only slot #2 as an available slot for tables to move out of the stack and into the 'grid'. So, a table in the stack has your cards visible, so it moves out of slot #1 and into slot #2. Now, slot #2 is occupied. If another table in the stack has cards visible, there are no more available slots. #2 is the only play slot, and #3 and #4 are for New and Old tables. So, since SaT has nowhere to move the table, it brings it to the top of the stack.

Now, SaT 'simulates' bringing the table to the top of the stack, by instead sending all the other tables to the bottom. This gives the effect of the table coming to the top, without explicitly giving it focus, because we don't want to potentially steal focus from another table in the grid. This MAY be the reason for the slight lag you notice. Another reason could be if SaT and iPoker are fighting to activate/focus a table. As mentioned on the iPoker help page, do you have these options turned off in your client?
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ipoker
http://www.stackandtile.com/sat/ipoker-focus.png

I like to think of the tables in the 'grid' as those that need my attention for any reason (action required, new table buyin, old table sitting out). Thats why I prefer to put New and Old tables into the 'grid' instead of into a specific slot #. New Tables will spawn in the grid, where you can buyin and then send it to the stack. Old Tables will pop into the next free gridslot, where you can see whats going on and sit back in. This would allow you to have slots #2,3,4 all as play slots, which will give you more room to play in. Right now, all of your play would happen in slot #2, but because slot #2 will likely always be full, then you would end up playing out of the stack out of necessity.

Since you are currently doing most of your play out of the stack, I would imagine that you are probably using a 'Send table to bottom' hotkey to allow you to "cycle" through the tables in the stack. This does work, however, this could also be causing your problem, because you are manually cycling through, then attempting to use your 'fold' hotkey, but then at the same type SaT is attempting to automatically pop a different table to the top of the stack.

Hope that all makes sense. Some people do report this issue from time to time, but usually its a matter of the poker client table focus setting being turned on. But I'm always willing to look into this type of problem because this is the worst kind of bug and the most difficult to iron out.

Quote:I also think it's generally possible that Stack and Tile is not working as it's supposed to. I feel that sometimes tables are not moved back to the stack after they no longer require my attention (tables that are in th grid).

By default, tables only move from the grid back to the stack when you either click Fold with your mouse, or you send a "Stack Table" hotkey. If you can clarify exactly what you mean by 'no longer require attention' then we can try to set it up how you want it.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tables stealing focus for split second - by SaT_Admin - 05-28-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Tables stealing focus for split second - by rojs - 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM