Tables stealing focus for split second
It seems we are misunderstanding each other in some spots. I'll try to be more precise with the terminology I use. Thanks for bearing with me.

(05-28-2014, 06:44 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: Well, if only one table will pop in front of you in the stack, the symptom is that the table is slow to come to the top, causing you to misclick.

I'm not sure I understand this. If I can see the table and I click fold and it briefly switches to another table and I accidentally fold my hand there, are you saying this is because when I initially see the table it is not truly at the top of the stack, but still coming up? How can a table be at the top, but not truly at the top or am I thinking about this too strictly?

(05-28-2014, 06:44 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: We must be misunderstanding each other based on terminology, because what you described is backwards to me.

If you are using dedicated slots for New tables and Old tables, then those slots will act as stacks. So you may be trying to buy in on a New Table, and then another New Table that just opened (from a pre-registered tournamnet, etc) will pop in front causing you difficulty.

If you instead put both into the grid, then no tables can pop in front of them, because each grid slot only allows 1 table in it. Those slots do not act as stacks. They hold 1 table only. So nothing can pop in front of them. Did you mean 'steal focus' instead of 'pop in front' ?

What I was saying was that if I have dedicated slots then it works and there are no problems, however if I don't use dedicated slots then there are issues. I am however no longer sure whether tables pop up in front of the tables I am trying to buy in to or not. That is how I perceived it at the time, but I think what may have been happening was that I was trying to open new tables whilst the grid was full. What would happen in that case? Also with allowing Stack and Tile to steal focus, it is very difficult to buy-in, because I would have to wait till there are no longer any tables that require focus (which basically won't happen if I keep on folding hands etc. and I am playing enough tables). I'll definitely try playing without allowing Stack and Tile to steal focus next and see what that does.

(05-28-2014, 06:44 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: Did you turn off "Left mouse click detection" in Advanced Options? Because when that option is on, any mouse click on the Fold button is supposed to send the table from the grid back into the stack. If that's not working then something is definitely wrong.

No that is on but I didn't realize it only sends the table back when I click 'fold' and not when I use the 'fold' hotkey. That definitely explains away a lot of my confusion from how the software works. For example, sometimes I would left click a table, because it's something I would do with tiling when I am deciding whether I want to call or fold, but what this does is send the table back to the stack even though I haven't chosen to raise, call or fold. So basically the left click on the mouse is also a 'Stack table' hotkey with the 'Left mouse click detection' turned on right?

(05-28-2014, 06:44 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: However, noticing that you are talking about "fast fold"ing, I guess you are playing zoom/rush whatever, and this is also something that could affect things

No, not playing rush, the reason I used the term "fast fold" was because I didn't know what else to call the fold box you can tick if you already know you want to fold in advance.

(05-28-2014, 06:44 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: The most common hotkey is to use the "Fold+Stack" hotkey, which will click fold and move the table back to the stack. Does this not accomplish what you're after?

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 4
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tables stealing focus for split second - by Insideman - 05-28-2014, 08:12 AM
RE: Tables stealing focus for split second - by rojs - 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM