SaT not working with Bovada (as of 05/26/2014)
Dear Stack and Tile,

I currently use SaT with the Bovada client. Starting earlier today, the Bovada table windows are no longer responsive to the SaT software. I am experiencing two issues:

(a) When I open the SaT software (running as administrator) and click 'Start', all open windows used to automatically resize and arrange themselves into various grid positions that I had configured. The Bovada windows no longer resize and rearrange themselves after I hit 'Start'. (The configuration is correctly selected to 'BovadaDefault'.)

(b) The hotkeys which I set up to toggle table actions are no longer working (e.g., fold, call, bet, etc.). However, the 'Disable Hotkeys' function does continue to work, leading me to believe that the issue is with the SaT software's ability to interact with active tables (e.g., resizing/moving tables, performing actions such as folding/betting/calling/etc.).

I've tried removing and re-adding Bovada as a poker client and I've also repeated the steps necessary to configure the SaT software (i.e., pressing F7 over an active table to identify a table, pressing F10 to fold a hand at that table, etc.) but the problem persists.

In addition to SaT, I also use the Tournament Indicator ("TI") software* which tracks players' stats within a given tournament and displays a HUD next to each player (at each table) - similar to SaT, the TI software is no longer working as of today (05/26/2014). (I would note that, in the past, I was able to successfully run the two applications simultaneously, so I think it's unlikely that the SaT issues are due to having TI open at the same time.) A quick description of the TI software, if you're not familiar with it - in order to track player stats, the TI software is set up to automatically open a new stat-tracker window for each active table; it also displays a HUD next to each player (on each table). As of today, it seems that TI is no longer able to interact with the Bovada tables as the software no longer opens a new stat-tracker window for each active table, nor does it display players' stats in a HUD.

I totally understand that the TI software is not supported by Stack and Tile - I wanted to mention the TI-related issue as it suggests that the Bovada client may have undergone an update as a result of which third-party software is no longer able to interact with active tables, i.e., identifying tables, manipulating table windows (resizing/moving), extracting & displaying players' stats and performing hand-specific actions (e.g., fold/call/bet/etc.).`

I obviously defer to the judgment of the SaT team in identifying the issue but I thought I'd share my observations, if at all helpful. The SaT software is an amazing tool and it would be great if possible to have it up and running soon.

To the extent I can be helpful with any troubleshooting/testing, please let me know.

Thanks,
my_couch_pulls_out
Yes yes yes, thank you for creating this thread. I tried posting this problem earlier today but couldn't start a new thread and the "contact us" link isn't working.

OP is correct, Bovada is not working.
(05-27-2014, 01:30 PM)my_couch_pulls_out Wrote: I totally understand that the TI software is not supported by Stack and Tile - I wanted to mention the TI-related issue as it suggests that the Bovada client may have undergone an update as a result of which third-party software is no longer able to interact with active tables, i.e., identifying tables, manipulating table windows (resizing/moving), extracting & displaying players' stats and performing hand-specific actions (e.g., fold/call/bet/etc.).`

Thank you for the thorough report. More information is always better than too little. As you suspected, there was an update to the Bovada client which broke SaT's detection. Normally, SaT should fail when you tried to re-Include the site. Pressing F9 should have failed to detect the table, however there was a bug in that process which allowed it to proceed, giving you the impression that things should work.

I put out a new version v2.61 so please download and try it.

(05-27-2014, 03:10 PM)aggr0 Wrote: Yes yes yes, thank you for creating this thread. I tried posting this problem earlier today but couldn't start a new thread and the "contact us" link isn't working.

OP is correct, Bovada is not working.

Yeah I need to remove that 'Contact Us' button. You can always reply to any of your receipt emails, that should send to the SaT email support address. But you shouldn't have had any problems creating a new thread on the forum. Do you remember what error you were getting?
Thank you! Problem solved, Bovada is working again. Fantastic service.

I think since I usually post as a guest, I don't have permission to create threads since I havent built up a post history. The email i have on record is mailer@fastspring.com so I assume I can reply to that as well to contact you? Thanks again.
(05-27-2014, 05:38 PM)aggr0 Wrote: I think since I usually post as a guest, I don't have permission to create threads since I havent built up a post history.

Posting as a Guest just means you don't have to create an account or log in. You can simply type in a name and then post. I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions for creating new threads as a guest. You can see on the main page that many guest users start new threads. Guest users are those whose names aren't a hyperlink that can be clicked on to go to a profile.

Quote: The email i have on record is mailer@fastspring.com so I assume I can reply to that as well to contact you? Thanks again.

Fastspring is the payment processor that handles the credit cards, etc. They sent out the receipts and stuff. The mailer (at) fastspring(dot)com is the "from" address in the email, but the "reply-to" address should be support (at) stackandtile(dot)com. So if you simply click reply it should come to me

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10