:idea: Help me to setup the optimal config for my use case
I use SAT for quit a while and I never want to miss it again.
Unfortunately I have lagging issues with a high number of tables of several clients which makes me lose a ton of money.

So please help me to setup the optimal config for my use case.

Here my System:
- XMG Gaming laptop
[Image: af0ad66b6e8e9b50f1097fb14e5af66e.png]
- NVidea GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)

- portable monitor USB 3
- I needed to use a custom scale for SAT to work as described here: https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/windows-10-fix
- I also needed to use a different SAT version to solve my winamax problems (version=2.98.03d) see: https://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showt...p?tid=1968
- Pokertracker 4 HUD (problem also occures without it running)

I play MTTs only on:
- pokerstars.eu
- pokerstars.es
- winamax
- betsson / microgaming

My SAT use case:
- stack and tile
- 12 table grid (6 per screen)
- tables which require action jump into the grid
- I hover with my mouse over any table in the grid which needs action and use hotkeys to make an action.
- depending on my hotkey I use the table jumps back to the stack (i.e. "Fold+Stack") or stays in the grid (i.e. "Fold", if I want to observe the table after sending my action i.e.)
- in this scenario I might to use the hotkey to send all tables back to the stack "Stack all tables"
- I also have the option to use my mouse (left click), tables stay in the grid then

So in short:
- tables are stacked
- action required --> table/s jump into a free slot of the grid
- I need to hover my mouse anywhere above the table I want send an action to. So the Cursor doesnt jump automatically there. This way I can choose which table I want to send an action to with my mouse
- default: I fold/call/bet and table jumps back into the stack
- sometimes: I fold/call/bet and table stay in the grid so I can observe it. When I am done with observing I use the "stack all tables" hotkey

If thats not clear for you I can make a short video how I want to use it.

- sometimes during session SAT doesnt recognize a table and it gets ignored. I need to hover my mouse then over this table and use my "ignore table" hotkey so the table gets "unignored" and jumps back to the grid. I estimate it happens 6 times per hour with around 15-20 tables. Most often its a betsson table. But sometimes also winamax or stars.

When I reach more than about 18 tables + the lagging is very bad and I cant continue playing.
I tried to close PT4 + HUD but even then its very laggy so I guess the issue is SAT.

Here is my current config. Im sure I dont need all option available for this use case. 
Please help me to solve the performance / lag issues for high num of tables.

Code:
[settings]
table_width=686
table_height=541
total_slots=12
slot1x=0
slot1y=0
slot2x=623
slot2y=0
slot3x=1234
slot3y=0
slot4x=0
slot4y=509
slot5x=623
slot5y=509
slot6x=1234
slot6y=509
slot7x=1920
slot7y=0
slot8x=2534
slot8y=3
slot9x=3154
slot9y=3
slot10x=1920
slot10y=512
stack_slot=1
newtables_slot=grid
move_to_grid=preflop
oldtables_duration=1
oldtables_slot=grid
scan_mode=DWM
slot11x=2534
slot11y=512
slot12x=3154
slot12y=512
slot13x=1372
slot13y=0
slot14x=2058
slot14y=0
slot15x=2744
slot15y=0
slot16x=0
slot16y=541
slot17x=686
slot17y=541
slot18x=1372
slot18y=541
slot19x=2058
slot19y=541
slot20x=2744
slot20y=541
slot21x=0
slot21y=0
slot22x=686
slot22y=0
slot23x=1372
slot23y=0
slot24x=2058
slot24y=0
slot25x=2744
slot25y=0
slot26x=0
slot26y=541
slot27x=686
slot27y=541
slot28x=1372
slot28y=541
slot29x=2058
slot29y=541
slot30x=2744
slot30y=541
play_mode=SaT

activate_most_urgent=0
activate_table_under_mouse=0
highlight_active_win=0
highlight_border_inside=1
highlight_border_size=6
move_mouse_to_most_urgent=0
move_mouse_if_not_over_table=0
left_click_detection=1
stack_when_clicking_call_or_bet=0
stack_table_at_end_of_hand=0
drag_drop_swap_slots=1
drag_drop_mode=Logical
minimize_to_tray=0
show_table_count_while_running=1
show_session_timer=1
move_888_popups=1
close_bovada_popups=1
stars_include_logged_in_as=0
notify_new_tables=1
notify_old_tables=1
notify_keep_in_grid=1
notify_ignore_table=1
notify_move_to_grid=0
notify_end_of_hand=0
notification_duration=2
hotkeys_fire_on_release=0
allow_action_hotkeys_on_ignored_tables=1
click_bet_for_allin_hotkey=0
click_bet_for_betsize_hotkeys=0
click_bet_for_betxbb_hotkeys=0
also_keep_in_grid_when_move_to_slot_x=0
fold_checkbox_setting=Fold
also_stack_table_for_betsizeX=0
also_stack_table_for_allin=0
focus_betbox=1
detect_hidden_windows=0
auto_accept_stars_waitlists=0
auto_accept_wpn_waitlists=0
click_stars_info_tab=1
table_count_gui_x=1816
table_count_gui_y=918

[general]
show_walkthru=0

gui_x=-32000
gui_y=-32000
last_tab=
filename=config.ini
is_reloading=1
version=2.98.03d
win_ver=10.0.17134
v29803_msg=0
v=fu
dpi=96
v29805_msg=0

[sites]
number_of_sites=4
included_sites=Microgaming,888PokerNew,Winamax,PokerStarsHyperSimple
Microgaming_included_executable_path=C:\Microgaming\Poker\BetssonMPP\mppoker.exe
Microgaming_included_resized_table_width=685
Microgaming_included_resized_table_height=541
Microgaming_included_fold_color=0x3d96da
Microgaming_included_call_color=0x3d96da
Microgaming_included_bet_color=0x3e94d8
888PokerNew_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PacificPoker\bin\poker.exe
888PokerNew_included_resized_table_width=686
888PokerNew_included_resized_table_height=541
888PokerNew_included_fold_color=0x54442c
888PokerNew_included_call_color=0x364b29
888PokerNew_included_bet_color=0x193448
Winamax_included_executable_path=C:\Users\dpn\Winamax\Winamax Poker\Winamax Poker.exe
Winamax_included_resized_table_width=686
Winamax_included_resized_table_height=541
Winamax_included_fold_color=0xa066a
Winamax_included_call_color=0xa066a
Winamax_included_bet_color=0xa066a
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_executable_path=C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerStars.EU\PokerStars.exe
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_resized_table_width=686
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_resized_table_height=501
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_fold_color=0xcdc3b2
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_call_color=0xcdc3b2
PokerStarsHyperSimple_included_bet_color=0xcdc3b2

[hotkeys]
number_of_hotkeys=27
hotkey1action=Disable Hotkeys
hotkey1key=Esc
hotkey2action=Activate most urgent and move mouse
hotkey2key=W
hotkey3action=Fold + Stack table
hotkey3key=A
hotkey4action=Call + Stack table
hotkey4key=S
hotkey5action=Bet + Stack table
hotkey5key=D
hotkey6action=Increase bet
hotkey6key=E
hotkey7action=Decrease bet
hotkey7key=Q
hotkey8action=BetSize 1
hotkey8key=1
hotkey9action=BetSize 2
hotkey9key=2
hotkey10action=BetSize 3
hotkey10key=3
hotkey11action=BetSize 4
hotkey11key=4
hotkey12action=All-in
hotkey12key=Space
hotkey13action=Cycle stack backward
hotkey13key=Left
hotkey14action=Cycle stack forward
hotkey14key=Right
hotkey15action=Keep all tables in grid
hotkey15key=G
hotkey16action=Start/Stop SaT
hotkey16key=^Esc
hotkey17action=Re-fill grid tables
hotkey17key=^R
hotkey18action=Move table to slot 2
hotkey18key=^2
hotkey19action=Fold
hotkey19key=Numpad4
hotkey20action=Call
hotkey20key=Numpad5
hotkey21action=Bet
hotkey21key=Numpad6
hotkey22action=Tile all tables
hotkey22key=T
hotkey23action=Stack all tables
hotkey23key=Z
hotkey24action=Toggle Activate Table when Action Req
hotkey24key=Y
hotkey25action=Toggle Move Mouse to Active Table
hotkey25key=X
hotkey26action=Ignore table
hotkey26key=I
hotkey27action=Keep all tables in grid
hotkey27key=K
send_table_under_mouse=1

TY
(07-30-2019, 03:02 AM)question1234 Wrote: - I also needed to use a different SAT version to solve my winamax problems (version=2.98.03d) see: https://www.stackandtile.com/forum/showt...p?tid=1968
I've updated that thread with a new version, please check it out

(07-30-2019, 03:02 AM)question1234 Wrote: - sometimes during session SAT doesnt recognize a table and it gets ignored. I need to hover my mouse then over this table and use my "ignore table" hotkey so the table gets "unignored" and jumps back to the grid. I estimate it happens 6 times per hour with around 15-20 tables. Most often its a betsson table. But sometimes also winamax or stars.

When I reach more than about 18 tables + the lagging is very bad and I cant continue playing.
I tried to close PT4 + HUD but even then its very laggy so I guess the issue is SAT.

If using the hotkey to "un-ignore" the table successfully works for you, and those tables get recognized, then I would ask, are you seeing the FAILURE RESIZING errors for each of those tables? Because that is the only time SaT would ever ignore a table. Otherwise, the tables should move to the grid as soon as SaT detects the table along with the title text to see if it matches.

You say its most often a Betsson table. So are you seeing the FAILURE RESIZING for the Betsson table? I don't think you should be seeing that error for Microgaming tables and definitely not Stars

I wonder if all of the problems are due to your lagging. But I can't be sure. Can you describe what the lag is? What exactly happens? I too would initially guess that maybe you have a very intense HUD, and maybe your PC is having trouble redrawing the HUD each time SaT keeps moving tables around. Because I have had some players use SaT with 40+ tables

So I'd like to try to figure out what's going on with the lagging. Your settings seem fine, and your PC looks plenty powerful. Is there anything else on your PC that you may suspect could be causing this? Do you ever notice any other slowdowns, or only when poker+HUD+SaT?
(07-30-2019, 05:21 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: You say its most often a Betsson table. So are you seeing the FAILURE RESIZING for the Betsson table? I don't think you should be seeing that error for Microgaming tables and definitely not Stars
Yes those are always FAILURE RESIZING ERRORS.
In this point I was not sure. I would need to check it again. Maybe its only winamax then. Now I am confused. I will let you know if it happens on other sites than winamax too. 

(07-30-2019, 05:21 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: I wonder if all of the problems are due to your lagging. But I can't be sure. 
Yes. I think those FAILURE RESIZING ERRORS occur more often when I have many tables often.

(07-30-2019, 05:21 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: Can you describe what the lag is? What exactly happens?
First you just notice lags, like short delay between pressing the action hotkey and the table to receive it and jump back to the stack. But it already interrupts the game flow a lot and increases the tilt factor.
But it is still better than playing without SAT.
When it is really bad than literally nothing works anymore. The mouse cursor is moving in slow motion and the table management of SAT (moving tales into and out of the grid) doesn't catch up anymore. It gets unplayable and I end up sitting out everywhere.

(07-30-2019, 05:21 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: I too would initially guess that maybe you have a very intense HUD, and maybe your PC is having trouble redrawing the HUD each time SaT keeps moving tables around.
As I mentioned the problem occurs also when I shutdown pokertracker completely. It gets a bit better than but still unplayable with 20 tables plus. So yes the HUD has an impact on it but not that big.

(07-30-2019, 05:21 AM)SaT_Admin Wrote: Your settings seem fine, and your PC looks plenty powerful. Is there anything else on your PC that you may suspect could be causing this? Do you ever notice any other slowdowns, or only when poker+HUD+SaT?
Yes I think the PC should be able to manage it too. I dont run any other programs while grinding. Not even a browser. I can try to turn off bitdefender internet security 2019 while grinding to see it it still occurs. I whitelisted there all poker related tools and run all programs as Admin.
So no idea what could cause the lags unfortunately.
Any idea how to find out?

Another question:
I noticed there are two ways for me to adjust my config for my usecase:

[Image: 40ed6c7db70a2b2b43dd7ebc6c2a92ad.png]
[Image: 997242618e5fe5fc6dc70d0b9ebb4adb.png]

[Image: ef10eab0209e7e6197cf42a7fdfba8b4.png]
[Image: 75643a550531b3cc07562b2fdc774dfb.png]

I think the best experience would be for me if the table under the mouse gets automatically active and highlighted.
Which settings should I use for the best performance?

Does activating and highlighting cause performance issues? If so i dont really need it since I always know where my cursor is currently and just send the actions to the table under mouse.

Does increasing the action_delay value help maybe? Not really right? Because folding works. Whatelse can I try?
I think I might found the problem.

My gaming laptop has a hybrid GPU. I checked if my poker tools esp. SAT and PT4 are using the strong GPU but they didnt.

I forced the GPU to run when Is tart my poker tools.

Im convident this will resolve my issues. I will let you know. I plan to grind tomorrow again.
Well Microgaming and Stars should never get the FAILURE RESIZING errors, so if you are seeing them, then I would guess they are related to your lag problem. But nothing you said gives me any clues, so I'm not really sure what the problem could be just yet.

As far as the Advanced Options, almost everyone should keep the first "activate table when action required" setting turned on. This should not impact performance at all anyway. The only settings that might cause lower performace would be the PW scan mode (which you're not using anyway), or maybe the "Highlight active table" because that would be an extra thing that has to be drawn. But still I don't think that should be a huge drain on the system. I typically leave "activate table under mouse" turned off.

Maybe the hybrid GPU has an effect, I'm not sure. My old laptop had that, I think it was called NVIDIA Optimus. It would switch between the integrated Intel GPU, or the dedicated Nvidia GPU depending on the application. I think there was also an option in the BIOS where I could choose to always have it on or off. Maybe you can try different settings and see if that matters or not. Also maybe see if you have an graphics drivers updates.

Let me know what you find
Here a short feedback.

The FAILURE RESIZING errors pretty much stopped.
The lags got a bit better but still very bad with more than 20 tables.

I turned on the dGPU but didnt improved that much as I thought.

I noticed another issue which is pretty annoying and might be even the reason:
My tables jump to the grid without any action required very freqently!
Why is that?
(08-05-2019, 11:50 PM)question1234 Wrote: The FAILURE RESIZING errors pretty much stopped.
Thats good at least

(08-05-2019, 11:50 PM)question1234 Wrote: The lags got a bit better but still very bad with more than 20 tables.

I turned on the dGPU but didnt improved that much as I thought.
Sad

(08-05-2019, 11:50 PM)question1234 Wrote: I noticed another issue which is pretty annoying and might be even the reason:
My tables jump to the grid without any action required very freqently!
Why is that?
Well this can happen for a few different reasons, but basically it means that SaT is thinking the fold/call/bet buttons are visible on the table. This could be because the wrong colors were grabbed during Include Site setup, or it could be because SaT is having problems scanning the site.

What site does it happen on? All sites? Only a particular site?

You can run this Test and try to figure out when/why it might be happening, and there are some solutions to try too:

https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/ta...ncorrectly

But, this problem shouldn't contribute to the lag I wouldn't think
I checked again and the reason why the tables jump back to the grid w/o action needed is because they detect them as old tables (which jump into my grid).
Sure I can config old tables not to jump into the grid but why they get detected as old tables in the first place even I didnt bust in those?
(08-06-2019, 02:57 AM)question1234 Wrote: I checked again and the reason why the tables jump back to the grid w/o action needed is because they detect them as old tables (which jump into my grid).
Sure I can config old tables not to jump into the grid but why they get detected as old tables in the first place even I didnt bust in those?

Oh ok good catch.

Old Tables are any table that hasn't required action within the last X minutes. It could be because you've busted, or it could be because you're sitting out, or it could be because the tournament is on a break, or it could be because people are stalling, etc. The only thing that SaT checks is the time between the last required action

https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/help/table-types

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 5
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10