Hotkey for Bet Pot % breaks down
Yes the 1.01 is typed in the bet box. Didn't tried to clicking manually the 3rd bet size button I'll look into it
(11-16-2021, 01:19 AM)Pong Wrote: Yes the 1.01 is typed in the bet box. Didn't tried to clicking manually the 3rd bet size button I'll look into it

Clicking the Pot betsize button should be correct at 4.03bb because that would be a full pot raise

If SAT is successfully inputting 1.01bb (which is correctly 25%), then its a Stars bug why the the Bet button doesn't update. But I dont even think its a bug.. Its likely as we already described. 1.01 is less than the minraise size of 2bb. You cannot raise 1.01 when the bet you are facing is 1bb.

It should be the same with SAT turned off: First click the 3rd betsize button for Full Pot, then try clearing the betbox yourself and typing in 1.01, the Bet/Raise button probably won't update.

I'm not sure what you are suggesting we do for this
My idea would be if it can't go through (because its smaller than the minimum allowed raise) then instead of leaving it at the previous input (Pot in this case) SaT could automatically set it to the minimum bet amount (2bb in this example). It'd be much more comfortable to play with, at least for me
(11-16-2021, 01:46 AM)Pong Wrote: My idea would be if it can't go through (because its smaller than the minimum allowed raise) then instead of leaving it at the previous input (Pot in this case) SaT could automatically set it to the minimum bet amount (2bb in this example). It'd be much more comfortable to play with, at least for me

Agreed, but how can SAT know if it cannot go through (ie, the % size is below the minimum raise)?

If we are preflop, and not facing any raises, then we know the minraise size is 2bb. But as soon as we are facing another bet/raise, the minraise size increases to different numbers.

The only reliable way I think would be for SAT to require the user to set up the 1st betsize button to be "Min", then copy that value from the betbox to do the future comparison after the % size is calculated. This would also slow down the hotkey. And I don't know if users are willing to change yet another of those buttons, since we are already requiring the 3rd and 4th to be changed for SAT (Pot and All-in)
I understand, I've thought SaT also read some stuff from the screen. I will get used to this, later it won't be that big of an inconvenience. Thank you for having looked at this, much appreciated
(11-16-2021, 02:11 AM)Pong Wrote: I understand, I've thought SaT also read some stuff from the screen. I will get used to this, later it won't be that big of an inconvenience. Thank you for having looked at this, much appreciated

SAT tries to read from screen as little as possible, because its unreliable. I will investigate the use of the Min button and see if it makes sense
Ok sir you can try this version 2.99.15p

https://www.stackandtile.com/sat/tmp/Sta...29915p.exe

I've changed it as I described above. You will need to configure the 1st betsize button inside Stars client settings to be "Min" for both preflop and postflop. Now when you press a "Bet Pot%" hotkey, SAT will first click that "Min" betsize button, and copy the value. If the subsequent % calculation ends up being lower than this, then SAT will simply send the minraise value instead. This adds a slight increase in time, but its still not too bad after the optimizations we made earlier.

Please test this and let me know. I have not had enough time to find all edge cases that might arise. This change is not planned for main version release yet, while the others in this thread are. I will await your feedback
Hey

Quick update so far: bet resizing to minimum seem to work as intended both pre and postflop. I discovered a new thing: when rapidly pushing "Decrease Bet" hotkey it breaks the betbox and SaT start to input random numbers (0, .014 etc), in some cases it has set the bet amount to all-in as well. I think this happens when Decrease Bet pushed again before previous command would complete.
(11-17-2021, 02:58 AM)Pong Wrote: Quick update so far: bet resizing to minimum seem to work as intended both pre and postflop.
Good to know, keep an eye on it and update me after a few more sessions.

(11-17-2021, 02:58 AM)Pong Wrote: I discovered a new thing: when rapidly pushing "Decrease Bet" hotkey it breaks the betbox and SaT start to input random numbers (0, .014 etc), in some cases it has set the bet amount to all-in as well. I think this happens when Decrease Bet pushed again before previous command would complete.
Two choices you can try:

You could increase the delay that SAT waits between each processing of the increase/decrease hotkey. Click File->Current Layout, and add this line underneath [settings]:
Code:
[settings]
increase_bet_delay=100
the default is 50 (thats milliseconds), you could try 100, or 200, but it will slow the hotkey performance down. After adding the line, save the file, and completely close out the SAT software, and reopen and test

You could add a setting in SAT to change how the Increase/DecreaseBet hotkeys work. Adding this line to your layout file:

Code:
[settings]
never_calc_increase_decrease_bet=1

will tell SAT to either click the +/- button on the table (like Party has), or if a site doesnt have these buttons (like StarsAurora), then SAT will just send a mouse Wheel Up/Down click. And then inside Stars settings for Bet Slider, you could configure the wheel to adjust by big or small blind

In this case, SAT will not do any math, and simply forward the command to the poker client. This might be more reliable

Again, save the file, and completely close out the SAT software, and reopen and test
I played some more and it seems it works as intended. I went with this settings: never_calc_increase_decrease_bet=1, its also good

[-]
Quick Reply

Username::
Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)
Please select the number: 9
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10